Swamp Thing Come BACK!

Man watching Episode 5 of Swamp Thing and want a Season 2! It’s so good. I hope every subscriber is telling friends and family to get DC Universe. KEEP SWAMP THING ALIVE!!

5 Likes

It is a great show, happy to see someone enjoying it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah but some people are going to hate. Honestly it was fresh seeing the horror element that made me love it. Cast is great and fx on point. I like how different it was compared to Titans and Doom Patrol. Titans is action packed, Doom Patrol has weirdness, and Swamp Thing is horror love it ALL. I hope this leads to JL Dark. Constantine should come into play. Love the actor in Legends of Tomorrow.

3 Likes

I’m only on episode 4 but I gotta say I do like the show! I had the thought that it was going to cancel and everyone hated it sitting there at the back of my mind the entire time but it honestly surprised me with being good

2 Likes

As much as I had hoped this was going to lead in the Justice League Dark. I don’t think it will lead anywhere. it’s what a large group of DC fans have wanted for a while now it’s just not going to happen
Any time soon

1 Like

Yeah your probably right it wasn’t going there, but hey I still love that they tried and I appreciate that it was done in my time. I love the DC app and hope it grows. Too many picky people these days. Well if they can’t accomplish JL Dark with Swamp Thing I have in the future they bring other shows to fill in the gap.

2 Likes

I’m definitely going to miss it

2 Likes

We have 10 episodes of an incredibly high-quality show, and I’m grateful for what we did get.

3 Likes

https://i.redd.it/ycmff4ntaz031.jpg

1 Like

The reveal of the blue devil in the latest episode has to be one of the greatest comic book episode adaptations of all times in my opinion. It caught totally off guard felt such a feeling of satisfaction and fulfillment from said episode.
Thank you DC!

1 Like

Don’t let swamp thing die! Give it to CW if you have to!

1 Like

Would be good if we could see ST appear on a CW show even as a cameo. Hey it worked for Constantine ! (And they must have spent tons on the suit , they should use it ! :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Ok, just forced myself to watch the last swap thing and I could yell, spit cuss and rip someone at dc a new one, you give me , everything I could have hope for and more, and just break my heart , you mean to tell me, there are no corporate executives, with the Brain power of a monkey, that could have found away to save this series, you have to do better DC, I WANT Swamp thing back!!!

3 Likes

They didn’t get an international buyer. It’s simple economics. Even a monkey can see the financial losses in the calculation of $80 million to produce and only gonna recoup money from DCU subscriptions. Which even at 200k subscribers (and I doubt DCU has that many) at $100 a year. Best case scenario, Swamp Thing is only a $60+ million dollar loss. (Likely much more.) would you pay another $80 million for a second season for another (best case scenario) $60 million loss.

Any exec worth their salt ain’t gonna do that regardless of the #saveswampthing hashtag.

1 Like

And the final appearance, at last, of the Floronic Man makes me yearn for what might have been.

3 Likes

As this is feedback and opinion, I am moving this thread to Support and Feedback as it better belongs there. :slight_smile: