Swamp Thing on the CW?

The CW wouldn’t be showing this if they weren’t in the situation they are. They need traffic so people can watch shows that aren’t repeats, I would imagine they wouldn’t be able to charge as much for advertisements if they were just showing repeats constantly.

2 Likes

secretly hoping this is popular enough to get a second season going with stargirl showing on both CW and on here.

2 Likes

The CW literally could not afford to revive Swamp Thing even if they wanted to. What don’t people understand about that?

1 Like

That’s true. But if the show did gain enough traction (emphasis on “enough”), I’m confident that Warner Brothers could find a way. They do have the big budget HBO thing, after all.

Dang, man, let us dream!

3 Likes

This is honestly a smart move for CW. Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol, and Titans are all included in the Arrowverse multiverse thanks to Crisis. While there won’t be new episodes, this could make people look at HBO Max or DCU a little more. At the end of the day, this is a win. The only thing I am worried about is that people already know the show is cancelled and might not tune in. I am in that camp, but I have a lot of free time now so it is on my to watch list.

Swamp Thing had a budget of at least 80 million, and the production spent every penny of that money within the first two months of its existence.

And with all of the sets, props, and costumes destroyed or sold, any revival of the series would need to spend at least that much, if not more, just to replace everything.

The series was just too expensive to produce even for DC Universe, which is why we only got the 10 episodes that we did.

2 Likes

No, they wouldn’t. A revival of the series could be done on a CW budget instead of the budget of Season 1. Would it look significantly worse? Yes. Would it be more sustainable? Probably. Network TV viewers aren’t all that discerning.

5 Likes

I’m addition to what Knox said, your response doesn’t really address mine. I said if the series, with the increased number of eyes on it, caught a big enough following (and that’s a really big if), they could find a way to make it work. They could, for example, bring HBO Max into play.

Dang, man, let us dream!

2 Likes

Swamp Thing was, is, a very strong program. Unfortunately, it got cancelled. However, might it be possible for the to resurrect Swamp Thing and the Floronic Man in another series? Essentially, while not popular, Blue Devil was introduced into the DC Universe,

Couldn’t they just do a show with Blue Devil, in the throws of battle with his own demons, but also sort of finish the story of Swamp Thing and Floronic Man, as part of a side story and long-term guest appearance? Swamp Thing can lead into The Justice League Dark series and Blue Devil can do this thing?

1 Like

It’s been almost a year since its debut and cancellation. HBO MAX has then announced plethora of shows including DC. It would love the shows return but I think the Justice League Dark is maybe the only time Swamp Thing will show his face again. I don’t think this will have it’s own series anymore.

1 Like

It would cool to see him on JL Dark. I really look forward to that.

But a season two on Max (or anywhere) is really just a “What if?” What if a wider audience takes a gander and craves a season two? What if there is a way to capitalize on it and make some money?

Dang, man, let us dream!

2 Likes

It’s the fall slot. I mean, they got nuthin’. Right now, one by one, the networks are admitting the next real “season” will start in January.

This just needs to get enough traction for hbo to see its value. Companies are being very selective these days as there is so much competition for viewers. They can’t keep throwing money away on bad shows. I’m just praying it finds its second Wind and HBO does the right thing :pray:t3::pray:t3:

So i am lost, i have been a fan of swamp thing for a long time and when i found out their was a show instantly got dc universe and watched it. I am really confused and frustrated they canceled it. So is the CW making more seasons or no?

No, they’re showing season 1 from here on CW. They needed shows due to production delays in all new stuff.

3 Likes