Swamp Thing Season 2

Who else thinks they should at least make a season 2 of swamp thing with the introduction of John Constantine as a new character to help himself and swamp thing against the darkness rising in the swamp

7 Likes

They tore down all of the sets, including the $million special tank they filmed the swamp scenes in. So, no chance at all for a season 2

4 Likes

It was a huge financial loss, it’s not coming back. And I bet it’s likely we won’t see another Swamp Thing show for quite a while. (At least a decade)

Yeah, Swamp Thing is probably the new He Who Must Not Be Named at corporate HQ, merely mentioning his name could be a firing offense.

Dang. Just bad timing. Streaming allowed for such a show to even be created! At least we got to witness its greatness. A shame, it would have been a great jumping on point for Dr Fate.

2 Likes

They don’t give good shows enough support. They are always too quick to give up. Too many good shows could have been great if they were given a second season to grow or if they could have had more episodes in the first season. Too much needed exposition requires more episodes to truly get going.

1 Like

Had nothing to do with enough time or support. It was a money loser. All shows will always get cancelled if they lose money.

1 Like

I think I’ve heard that this was one of the most expensive shows to ever be made. And to do that with a not super well-known character on your new streaming service and not setting the show up… yeah, that was a gamble that wouldn’t see pay-back no matter what they did, really.

2 Likes

I would love for them to figure things out so they can bring it back. I was slow getting around to it because of knowing it’s likely to be a one (season) and done with all the drama around the season being shortened but its surprisingly well made. Makes the CW stuff look (more) corny.

I liked the Constantine series a lot too so yeah, sign me up for a guest appearance and expanding on the whole dark magic side of the dcu. I think there’s a still lot to explore with a solo Swamp Thing show. It’s just getting started.

2 Likes

This show was a pleasant surprise. Frankly it’s the best original show on here. Doom Patrol is terrible, titans 1st season was weak but season 2 is looking up. Sucks it got canceled

1 Like

Guess there wasn’t enough Green for Swamp Thing to be brought back to life.

1 Like

It was canceled prior to the first episode. You have to at least be allowed to air first.

Save money?

Sure.

Drop it it to 6-8 episodes. Give more plot than monster in most stories. If all else fails, create a movie.

It can be done. It should be done.

1 Like

Excellent show, really excellent. Hopefully, it will be revived in some form close to this.

I JUST finished the season and thought it was very good. Really hope they give it another shot.