Terrifics Ending

So terrifics is ending and they’ve decided not to release them physically. Gee thank you for that. I’ve only read and bought every issue. This actually has me angry.

4 Likes

According to Newsarama, the last three issues will be physically available as part of the final trade paperback.

3 Likes

That’s good news, at least :slight_smile:
I really enjoyed The Terrifics. To be honest, I’m glad it survived this long. I hope there’s a definite ending.

3 Likes

I am upset that the final 3 issues will only see print in the trade paperbacks. They are doing the same thing with the final issues of Supergirl. I dont usually buy the trades if I already bought the single issues. I guess I’ll be missing out.

3 Likes

I totally understand the frustration of not being able to see through your single issue collection of this run, but we’re in unprecedented times. I doubt DC would do this if they didn’t absolutely have to. But manufacturing issues is next to impossible at the moment, and would put a lot of people at risk. At least they’ll come out in the TPB. Or, you could even say at least we got such a terrific story (pun intended) to begin with.

At times like this, it’s best for everyone to try our best at seeing the brighter side of things and to be patient/understanding of others’ situations. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am honestly surprised that Terrifics lasted as long as it did, let along actually getting better letter. Alas, nothing good lasts, especially in comics.
I do hope DC keeps Yang around and give him an ongoing again. He has proven three times now that he can absolutely create magic.

6 Likes

If you are not going to release them physically then dont release them digitally. That’s not right. I want the full story and a TPB is not the same.

2 Likes

You’re saying that unless something is released physically, then to not release it at all? To just ignore the hard work of the artists and writers? Once again, this is an unprecedented time. Releasing physical issues right now is not feasible and would put A LOT of peoples’ lives at risk. That’s simply no worth it. So, instead, they release it digitally. So the artists’ work can be seen, fans can finish the story and pass time inside, and no ones lives are put in jeopardy. Just to reiterate, right is the time where we need to be our most understanding and sympathetic for other people; AND to try our best to view the world on the brightside. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Well said, @OmniLad!

5 Likes

I love you, @OmniLad! You’re always not like me, and that’s so great.

3 Likes

Also, bummed. This was such a fun series. I feel Mister Terrific doesn’t get nearly enough love. I sure hope someone uses him somewhere.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m bummed as well. I loved this series. But like others said, all good things must come to an end.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. I was hoping that Marvel would go alone into that apparent mistake. Earlier tonight, I’d heard that digital mistake would affect Supergirl, and now Terrifics. I guess we can expect Inferior Five to meet this same fate if those issues are released at all.

I get stories that had no started publication yet. That makes total sense to me. Just release the paperbacks. But for people to come so far in their collections of titles just to have them permanently incomplete is so frustrating.

I get it and my heart goes out to everyone and all that, but UGH.

2 Likes

The last issues of Supergirl have given me no joy at all, so I’m not fretting over this collection being incomplete.

I do feel with the people who still wanted the last issues though. Taking the last two issues away when people have potentially spent a couple of hundred dollars is a d- move, no questions about it.

2 Likes

I’ve been through something similar with the Doc Savage comics that DC put out as part of their “First Wave” line. The last issue went straight to digital. I was collecting them in the hopes of getting that and the other First Wave comics bound into custom hardcovers. Sadly, it wasn’t meant to be.

I think it helped that the Doc Savage comics got pretty bad towards the end, so when the final issue went digital, aside from not being able to have the series bound, it wasn’t the end of the world.

3 Likes

I’m with you about the Supergirl series. That dark multiverse stuff is not my taste at all, so ruining one of the most positive characters in the DCU for multiple issues for that story — Well, to be honest, I had no intention of ever reading them. But I hoped that, seen in a lifetime of collecting comics, those few issues would be a blip.

3 Likes

Mister Terrific is being used in the new Strange Adventures series helping Adam Strange

5 Likes

Nice. That won’t be here though, right? I don’t have a local shop to buy Black Label.

2 Likes

Is it Black Label? I’m not sure, I’ll have to check. I think it’s just a limited series.

Edit: Whoops, last I heard it was just a maxi series or something, but apparently it was rebranded as Black Label

3 Likes

Crap!

1 Like