The Batman

The Batman

So this is in the same universe as batman begins? Hmmmm

1 Like

please make a new season!!!

8 Likes

Yesssssssssss!!! they finally added this show onto this app, practically my childhood right here

7 Likes

This Bruce Wayne is my absolute favorite. I appreciate that he’s able to operate without brooding 24/7. His tech is amazing. The villains are reimagined in such a creative and fun way that still respects the canon. The way they animate Batman’s cape is incredible. The supporting cast gets some really good stories. Batgirl is an absolute joy and highlight in this series. I love this show.

6 Likes

OMG I almost screamed in class when I saw they added this to the website!!! I’m so excited this is like my favorite Batman (other than Justice League/Justice League Unlimited of course)!

3 Likes

Nope! The Batman about a year before Batman Begins was in theaters, but The Batman is in its own separate universe/continuity. It was probably commissioned for the same reason Batman: The Animated Series was ```
there was a movie coming out and WB wanted a cartoon airing around the same time to take advantage of renewed interest in the character.

2 Likes

The BEST animated Batman series of all time. Well, my favorite at least. This show was severely underrated and easily could have shared continuity with Teen Titans. “sigh” Too bad that never happened. But this series gave us such great characters like Ethan Bennett and his Clayface. Like BRO, DC please make Bennett canon. I don’t care if you have to replace Hagan or Karlo to do it, just GIVE ME MORE BENNETT!!!

6 Likes

Also, BEST Joker ever, I don’t care what anyone says. Best design, best voice (shout out to Kevin Michael Richardson), best laugh by FAR, and unlike most other Joker’s IMHO, this ones actually funny. I hope KVM gets to play Joker again more in the vain of this version.

Just got one gripe at the moment. Why isn’t this in HD? Heck, even Netflix had it in HD. If you guys can deliver some BTAS and Teen Titans remastered in HD then you get me some The Batman remastered in HD. Come on people, get on this please.

13 Likes

I’m so intrigued by this show. For full disclosure, the show came out when I was in Middle School and thought I was too cool for cartoons (don’t worry, I’m in my mid 20’s and remembered that animation is pretty great) so I have never seen it. I do remember it being pretty big and that there were a lot of toys made for it (my young brother had a few of them). So I started watching it when they added it here, I’m really torn about it. Some episodes feel kind of lazily thrown together, as if only to sell toys, but then there other episodes that have great writing and acting in it. The Laughing Bat might be one of my favorite Joker stories out there. It almost feels like the writers had several stories that they really wanted to tell and a way that they wanted to tell it, but the studio told them in order to get those stories out there they had to make a few filler episodes featuring different gadgets and new Bat suits. I’m not quite done with it yet and I’m still watching it, but I was just wondering if anyone else was as torn on the series as I am.

6 Likes

Loving the app keep it up however S3E10 titled "Two of a Kind is actually the previous episode titled “Riddlers Revenge” if you can dix this cuz i want to see joker meet Harley.

8 Likes

I was just about to mention Season 3 Episode 10 is just a copy of Season 3 Episode 9. Any chance this can get fixed?

11 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out, guys! I’ll be sure to submit this feedback to the team. :blush:

8 Likes

The Batman began airing when I was in elementary school, and I remember being fascinated by its unique interpretation of The Joker. I am happy that this show was not afraid to have its own identity :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you for putting this show on here. I grew up w this and loved it way more than BTAS, even watching it now, its a real joy, bless up

9 Likes

Ah yes, watching this when it would come on every Saturday morning. Still have the entire series and Batman vs Dracula on home media.

14 Likes

Is it just me or does anybody else see Scott Snyder’s work heavily influenced by this series.

7 Likes

probably one of my favorite things is this stories robin. for one thing, we get to see a lot of him. more importantly, we get to see some real human interaction between him and the other characters. I love the various scenes where Bruce and dick are in the living room and we see dick just being a kid and bruce being present. i love that robin and batgirl got an episode and we see those kids really grow up in that episode

11 Likes

Real talk when this was on Netflix it streamed in widescreen hd. Dc universe be lacking

11 Likes

This show was so underrated. For a while, I felt like I was the only one that remembered it existed, but now it’s here!!!

18 Likes