The DC One Million Omnibus

Who has this tome and what are your thoughts on the contents within?

I have the One Million mini-series itself and the tie-ins from the core Superman titles. Amazon has the omnibus for a great deal right now, so I’m curious if anyone has this book, has read it in its entirety and what you thought of it.

3 Likes

Dude, i got one at a half price bookstore here in middle ohio. The story and concepts are top notch, morrison swingin for the fences, but… some of the oneshots were just, ‘shrug’. For the price, a good get, but STORYWISE, taking as a whole, it was a WHOLE to much.

One of these days i wanna hunker down with his jla stuff or his batman work and just fall down the rabbit hole. Same with hickman’s marvel stories.

1 Like

I don’t have that. I just bought the Watchmen omnibus and the first Preacher omnibus. This is the way to collect comics now days.
This is not an omnibus but I wanted to mention it in case any of you had read it, East of West year 1 hardcover from Image.

2 Likes

Theyre not bathroom reading safe, but definitely cool. Heh heh

I rarely buy omnibuses (omnibi?) but I will make an exception once in a great while. This one caught my eye since I’ve not read very much of the One Million tie-ins and at Amazon’s price, it’s worth it for those.

Jump into the rabbit hole that is Morrison’s JLA. You won’t regret it.

I plan on it, I’m fan of his.

I’m Reading Morrison’s Doom Patrol right now.

I always wait for the deals on Amazon.

Its a cool event, but some of the tie-ins didn’t grab my attention. They didn’t seem to have any real significance to the story. If you want to read everything go ahead, otherwise just pick and choose.

What do you mean pick and choose are you referring to just the DC million 1 2 3 and 4 issues?