The Flash (1990)

The Flash (1990)

A great staple of superhero television. The Flash rides hot on the heels of 1989s BATMAN. Despite being a dark show, THE FLASH gives us lovable characters and enjoyable villains. John Wesley Shipp takes on the title character and speeds us into Central Citys many crime fighting adventures! Keep an eye out for Mark Hamill’s portrayal of the super villain, The Trickster.

4 Likes

One of the best adaptations of a comic book character to television and it broke through the concept that this storytelling could be will executed, attractive and engaging to all audiences. Stylized and cool THE FLASH (1990) is a first place winner in my book always!

2 Likes

Holy smokes, it’s the 90’s Flash show. I’m super excited to watch this again! It’s so great to see John Wesley Shipp and other actors from this show pop up in the current Flash tv series. Boy, that guy who plays the Trickster deserves to have a lead role in a big franchise. He’s got “star” power for sure.

11 Likes

Been wanting to watch this for years. Shipp’s a good actor! Glad they brought him back for the current series!

7 Likes

This show is great so far! Been wanting to watch it since I got into the character and new show. Can’t wait to watch it all.

7 Likes

Most definitely the best live action show of the 90s.

3 Likes

I grew up watching this show faithfully! Classic nostalgia right here.

3 Likes

So excited to rewatch this. I loved it so much as a kid that I carved my pinewood derby car to look like a flash lightning bolt and ironically it was the slowest car.

2 Likes

My Mom bought me this as a high school graduation present. Still my favorite Flash show, though the other one is pretty alright too I guess.

2 Likes

SOOOOO campy!! love it… :metal::astonished::metal:

2 Likes

It was so funny, the guys who play Lt. Garfield (Mike Genovese) and Fosnight (Dick Miller) were both in an episode of star Trek the Next Generation called the Big Goodbye. Genovese played a cop who was hitting on Dr. Crusher and Miller played a a guy who ran the newspaper stand. (This would have been about three years before they appeared on the Flash.)

1 Like

Re-watching this now, with the CW multiverse established, it adds an extra layer to the show. It’s like looking into Earth-9 Flash or something.

7 Likes

Me and my 9 yo love the new streaming channel. Hope there are more new and old shows to come. Grew up with this show and still love the episodes.

3 Likes

WOW. Apart from Start Trek TNG, power rangers, start gate and DS9. The 90/ flash stands apart from them all. I didn’t know this series existed till shortly after the new flash series came out. I was pleasantly surprised and when I watched it was blown away it was like watching the live action version of what I thought Batman TAS should be. Knowing it was the precursor to the DCAU I was thrilled to see Mark
Hamilton and hear Shirley Walkers brilliant music. I stream episodes of this show just to ear Shirley’s music. The writing and pacing of the show is sorely missed in the D.C. Shows today. Everything is so fast paced with modern shows and politically correct. It gets tiresome after a while. So this is a nice throwback to a simpler, more moral and altogether what I consider the last golden age of superhero rendition. I find this one season treasure to be better then the current rendition through a plethora of fastest apart from what I’ve mentioned. As the saying goes a classic never dies

5 Likes

Ended too soon!

6 Likes

It’s time a whole new generation get reacquainted with The “OG” Flash (John Wesley Shipp) especially as the new season of The CW hit premieres in just a couple of weeks. This primetime adventure was way ahead of its time and captured the spirit of the hero while igniting a newly and fairly untested genre! This was THE FLASH that started the ball rolling!

5 Likes

This show was incredible! Far ahead of it’s time and ended too soon for it. I do wish it stuck to the comics better, but the characters and acting were so great that it makes you not worry about that so much. Definitely worth watching and only gets better as you go along.

3 Likes

John Wesley Shipp is the one and only Flash. I love this series and wish it lasted longer.

5 Likes

Make Pollux canon DC, I love love love his character and wish he would have lasted more than 1 episode (twin streaks)

3 Likes