The Flash

What is the speed force? I am new to the flash just started during crisis.

3 Likes

Oh man, where’s @kingofspeedsters when you need him? I’m also not super well read on the Flash, but the speed force is essentially an ambiguous energy field that speedsters (people with super speed in the DC Universe) tap into to get their powers. It’s pervasive through all of the multiverse and is on the same conceptual level as time or space in the DC Universe. It’s like a force of nature.

2 Likes

If you are interested in looking further into stuff like this, DC Database is a great online resource for finding out more about the DC Universe. Just be careful traversing it if you want to avoid spoilers for specific comics, shows, or movies.

2 Likes

Kinda like the force in a way

3 Likes

Yea, for sure. I think it is a little more tangible in a way than the force as I understand. Like, speedsters travel through the speed force to travel through time and dimensions, and there are characters that have merged with the speed force as well. All you really need to know for any given Flash story though is that it’s where The Flash gets his powers from.

2 Likes

Try the flashpoint paradox if you want to learn about the speed force and how it works.

3 Likes

Have no fear… @kingofspeedsters is here!!!

The speed force is pretty much what @YoYoFroYo explained it as (well done @YoYoFroYo!). But I have a bit more info for you.

First off in the rebirth: the flash they really delve into what the speed force is and what all the other forces are and do as well. There is the strength force, still force, speed force, and sage force ( if you want I can give more info. on them).
Second, the speed force is not only just a force…it’s actually more of an entity. One can get trapped in it and the speed force is also the “bridge” for speedsters to travel through time and dimensions. Yes… dimensions. That’s how all the flashes travel to a single dimension for conferences. I can’t recall exactly what the multiple flashes call their guild.

3 Likes

Yooo! What’s happening! I just came back to the forums this week after an extended absence. Been poking around to see if your avatar was anywhere to be seen. Good to see your alive and well though :smiley:

2 Likes

Lol!!! It’s actually REALLY nice to hear from you again! You’ve been gone for quite a while.

2 Likes

For sure. It’s been a whirlwind. I think I took on a bit more than I could chew this year with AP classes and all. With just school alone it’s fine, but I’m also dedicating a lot of time to practicing marimba nowadays, and composing music. I just finished composing a piece of music for my school orchestra that we’re going to play for our concert this year. I’m really proud of that, but those projects also took up a lot of my free time. I was barely able to keep up with the 30 minutes of Harley Quinn a week to be honest. Glad to be back though!

2 Likes

Jeez…you really put yourself through a lot. But you know what they say…har work pays off! And honestly it really is amazing how you took on such a burden, kudos man.

2 Likes

Also I know what you mean about the composing part taking up so much time (well kind of). I edit movies (more like movies I make with friends and stuff) and it’s VERY time consuming. Also, I would love to hear your music, so I don’t know if you want to or not, but you can PM me on here and send it to me.

2 Likes

For sure! I’m about to head to sleep, but I’ll set a reminder for myself to send the piece your way in the morning. It’d be great to see some of your films too! Although I totally get it if you don’t want to share for privacy reasons.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation on the speed force

3 Likes

No problem

1 Like