The New Gods (1971-) #1

The New Gods (1971-) #1

in addition to his myriad of contributions to comics, kirby invented an entire fascinating galaxy HIMSELF. the fourth world is one of the most imaginative, and greatest, concepts in literature (not just comics).

3 Likes

Following Mr. Kirby from the M word in 71 to the most fun I had with the Big Boy Scout for a while.

1 Like

I can finally read this comic! I’ve been wanting to but never bought it. Now I can just read it here, and I’m so excited to delve deep into it’s digital pages.

6 Likes

This is one of the greatest comics of all time. Kirby’s amazing art coupled with his mythic characters make a series that is truly larger than life. Definitely a must read for any Kirby fan, or DC fan.

2 Likes

This series and the Fourth World not only holds up well but is actually better with age. DC- get us a New Gods movie please!

3 Likes

Enjoying this series again after first reading it years ago. DCU, can we get Kamandi soon?

2 Likes

It is great this is here, now they need to add the Forever People.

3 Likes

The KING just comes off a mythic “fantastic” run and does not miss a beat with this incredible series. Man, you had to be around back then we heard DC had landed Jack Kirby. Anticipation and excitement that could not be quelled until we got our grubby little hands on this book. It sure as hell lived up to the hype before hype was even a thing.

3 Likes

This is a truly awesome and fantastic read. For new readers, Kirby’s style might seem old-school compared to recent comics, but his art and writing is one-of-a-kind and this is a perfect place to start

4 Likes

New Gods should be a dc movie!!!

6 Likes

The “reading old comics” part of this dcu.com is well worth the subscription. Kirby’s New Gods is a blast!

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted to read New Gods. I’ve always been a huge fan. Looking forward to continuing on in the series!

1 Like

King Kirvy in all his glory!

They should make a New Gods movie, great world building for DC

4 Likes

When I download a comic does that mean I pay for it or is it free?

What a truly great start to an amazing comic.

2 Likes

This was a great read! It’s crazy how great stories are timeless.

2 Likes

I love Jack Kirby’s art, and this is some of the most creative stuff he drew in his entire career. That being said, I find the writing noticeably flat compared to a lot of the stuff Stan Lee wrote for Jack. This series is without a doubt worth reading, but in my opinion it never quite reaches the high standards set by Lee and Kirby with the Fantastic Four.

1 Like

Great first issue. I’m excited to keep reading. I know of the New Gods through all of the animation and appearances in other books, but now I get to see where it all started from.

4 Likes