The Official Thread of DC Daily

I wondered if I just wasn’t seeing it or if indeed was just late.

1 Like

Static Shock was a HUGE fave for me as a kid. Before there was Teen Titans, there was Static. I’m so glad you guys are putting a spotlight on it because it is well earned. It’s been said before, but it is actually crazy how big of a deal it is to see characters that look like you in fiction. Watching this again, I love how clearly it is targeted at a very young audience because little kids need this before they even know how much they need this. Some things were a bit much for grown up me, but little me was hooked and learned a lot from this show. Lessons from daytime viewings of Static Shock have stuck with me my whole life.

2 Likes

@DocAtlas Your idea to have Patrick Leahy on is a GREAT one!

The dude’s a genuine Batman fan and has cameos in a variety of live-action productions.

I’m sure he’d have some interesting tales to tell about those instances, as well as talking about his overall fondness for Batman and any other characters that strike his fancy.

4 Likes

Catch up

Static episode was fun. Definitely had some laughs. The interview with the musician (sorry forgot his name) was great. Seems like a very fun person. Interesting to hear about the music making.

VDay episode was great. Very fun. The static talk was nice. And the crimes of passion sounds interesting. But Misty Lee’s magic is always amazing. And the Unicorn Wednesday was fun. Always enjoy when she’s on. Lots of laughs and awesome magic. Happy V Day DC Daily Crew.

4 Likes

I always love the Misty Lee episodes. I wish I could materialize some candy right now, I forgot to get some when I was at the gas station​:four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Cold opening skits are back!

1 Like

Ok, this might be somewhat off topic, but I wanted to follow up on something I wrote about 15 posts ago. I just watched the movie “Jay and Silent Bob Reboot”. Ms. Smith was quite good in the role she was given, very well spoken, and genuinely funny when called for. Consequently, as I stated before, I believe her appearances on DC Daily can certainly improve.