The Psychology Of Supervillains Club…September 2020 - Mister Mxyzptlik
Welcome to The Psychology Of Supervillians Club. This month we will delve and dissect Mister Mxyzptlik . Step into his mind and determine what makes him tick
This club will be discussing darker aspects and elements within the DC Universe. These aspects and elements could be viewed as overtly violent, malevolent and possibly offensive to some.
- We acknowledge that we are not mental health professionals, and are not able to provide any diagnosis or guidance in this regard.
- This thread does not suggest or support any mental health diagnosis or any guidance of or for people in the real world. We are dealing with purely fictional characters within fictional worlds.
- Supervillains are potentially driven by deep seated and often dark or disturbing concepts of what they feel is the right thing to do and why the villain is the hero of their own story.
- We will explore if the supervillain is actually correct in their views and actions, are they justified in what they do and potentially would their fictional worlds be better off if they actually did win and defeat the hero.
The club gives this warning because some may find such discussions disturbing, distasteful, and/or possibly immoral and we want the community to be well aware of what the contents of these discussions can involve.
The Ground Rules: ( Yes…even villiany has to follow a few rules . Don’t take my word for it…Go ask The Legion Of Doom or The Crime Syndicate, they have rules too.)
- Posts must follow DC Universe Community Guidelines
- This is a “ safe space ” to explore a sometimes taboo topic…villainy. Why it’s necessary and possibly why villains are often more interesting than the heroes that oppose them.
- Be respectful of the opinions of others. Did I mention that … Posts must follow DC Universe Community Guidelines
- There is no such thing as a “right” or “wrong” opinion here.
- The views expressed are the opinions of the poster and deserve to be acknowledged as a valid opinion, even if you might disagree and debate items. What does that mean? Posts must follow DC Universe Community Guidelines
- We are dealing with the intricacies of the mind. The one thing we do know is that we can never be ultimately sure what is actually going on in the mind of a supervillian.
- However, we can conjecture based on what we do know about them and form our own points of view on what makes them tick and have blast while doing it.
- In case you missed it the 3 times earlier…Posts must follow DC Universe Community Guidelines
Don’t be afraid to be bold, to challenge the status quo, to think in unique ways and be outspoken. Their is no “right” or “wrong” point of view here. There is what we each find in delving beneath the surface and into the mind of our Supervillian Of The Month.
Most importantly, have fun. Enjoy your process. Revel in it. Don’t be afraid to let some of your “evil” out. We’ve all got a bit of it in us somewhere. If we didn’t, we wouldn’t find villains interesting, now would we.