The Saga of the Swamp Thing (1982-) #21

The Saga of the Swamp Thing (1982-) #21

Amazing comic. Alan Moore at his finest. I hope they eventually get the whole run on here. His use of the Swamp Thing mythos to transform what had always been kind of a B-list super hero, and I know opinions vary here, into a pillar of the DC Universe… So good.

17 Likes

Would be nice if we could actually read anything on this broken app.

I love the horror elements in Swamp Thing. I can’t wait to watch the series.

2 Likes

Wow, never read Swamp Thing until now. I am hooked. I hope the rest of the series is as good as this issue. Can’t wait for the show.

6 Likes

Best run on the app

3 Likes

Is this the legendary Alan Moore run of swamp thing?

9 Likes

This is the first time reading swamp thing and am loving it can’t wait for the TV show.

3 Likes

I can’t wait for the tv show either

I’ve heard the show will be based around this issue somehow, after reading all the new 52 swamp thing and starting at the beginning now I can’t wait for the show, I highly recommend anyone new to swampy to dive in the new52 and explore from there!

5 Likes

Just finished the current available run. Really fun stuff, love the moment that Arcane’s demented presence literally made the Joker stop laughing all the way in Arkham from Louisiana.

1 Like

One of my favorite DC runs ever. Cannot…wait…for the new series.

6 Likes

Have to admit, after playing as Swampthing in Injustice 2 I got curious about his comics… :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Long time DC reader. First time Swamp Thing reader. Was never my thing. I know the new show is coming out so I read this issue. Now I’m excited for the show. Definitely going to read more of Swamp Thing. This App is the Best!!!

9 Likes

I have only seen Swamp Thing pop up a few times and since the shows coming out I figured id read the run Schnepp always praised .

2 Likes

Fantastic comic. The illustrations are beautiful. The dialogues, the thoughts going through character’s mind, it’s incredibly and thought provoking.

Cool way of finding out Swamp Thing’s origin. Floronic Man nails it as the narrator. It’s got a horror feel to it that is extremely atmospheric. The art and the way the panels are set up really play up the horror elements in the story.