Thoughts on Birds of Prey

Do I fear this movie or love this movie?

Both.

I’m afraid of how much I love this movie.

I’ve seen it twice now. Everything I was hoping for was there. Everything I was afraid would be cringy wasn’t. That’s really all I can ask of movies these days.

I get why Cassandra fans might be peeved, but seeing as they didn’t mention her backstory at all, only that she’s an orphan, they can easily dig into it in a sequel.

2 Likes

Yeah WB makes the party scene in “BvS” with Bruce and Diana a little creepy when they use music from “Eyes Wide Shut.”

I totally agree with your whole perspective, but this tid bit is wrong. A director has little to no say in any of this, especially a new director

Dig into a sequel with a backstory that is absolutely wrong, that’s literally the only option they’ve given themselves

1 Like

This movie gives me hope for at least a partially developed DCU. I look forward to more Robbie Quinn and Pattinson Batman, but I definitely won’t be doing Flash, Aquaman 2, or Shazam 2. Wonder Woman though is a definite yes from me because Gadot was my dream cast for Wonder Woman back when I first saw her in 2 Fast 2 Furious.

Yeah you’re right. More of a writer issue I guess

As I recall, that’s not original music for Eyes Wide Shut. All the music from that movie are from classical composers.

So I really thought the cartoon of Harley’s backstory was horrible. DC has some phenomenal artists and I was like, why include a cartoon breakaway if you’re going to draw it like that!

1 Like

I just got home from seeing this movie and I must saw is was pretty awful. It actually made Suicide Squad look good. Harley Quinn, Cassandra Cain and Renee Montoya were never members of the Birds of Prey. Quinn was in the Gotham City Sirens with Poison Ivy and Catwoman. And Cassandra Cain should have been able to kick all their butts. But Hollywood likes to make changes and none of the changes in this movie were any good. My personal opinion.

1 Like

I enjoyed the movie, it was fun from start to end. It seemed tame enough to take the kids to.

1 Like

She almost gets date raped out side of a car, there is a cocaine rampage scene, loads of violence, ripped off faces, broken bones, a body split apart by a grenade, and the language was almost spot on for actual gangsters

Did you just say tame? @Spenceroo

1 Like

Haha I loved so much, it really caught me off guard though

Nothing you won’t see on tv or in the news.

1 Like

I guess technically you don’t actually see the faces getting ripped off and the grenade part felt kinda cartoony, but otherwise yeah, the more I think about it, the more it definitely deserves the R rating. I get the feeling the attempted date rape might have been the tipping point.

Also, anyone else felt like their knees was starting to hurt after seeing some of the horrific things Harley did to other people’s knees in this movie? :rofl:

1 Like

str8t up

Man, what kind of news are you watching!?!!

1 Like

I can’t speak for anyone else but I saw The Godfather when I was in preschool. Most pop culture offerings have seemed tame to me ever since.

1 Like

Oh, no doubt it was tame to some people, and just a tweak or two would give you PG13. I just thought what a horrible, horrible news day to have:

I mean, if that was a local news cast, I’d be movin’! :harleyquinn_hqas:

A tweek or two?! That movie had an f-word count of 80.

1 Like

See? There’s an example of one easy tweak - lower the F-bomb count.

2 Likes