Tim Burton's Batman 30th Anniversary Watch-Along: June 23rd, 2019 at 4PM Pacific/7PM Eastern

This Sunday, June 23rd will mark the 30th anniversary theatrical debut of one of the best comic book based movies ever: Tim Burton’s Batman!

To commemorate three decades of this cinematic caped classic, we’ll be doing a Watch-Along where one and all are welcome to chit your chats (or chat your chits) about this dark and gothic action flick that showed the outside world that there was indeed more to Batman than camp and celebrity guest villains (which are cool too, but…you know).

So, fire up your Batwing and come to the festival with a happy face! RSVP today and we hope to see you there!

SN: No Smilex will be served. There will however be ample quantities of punch, pie and whatever it was Vicki, Bruce and Alfred ate. Attendees may give Knox a grant if they like.

13 Likes

So the punch and pie will be Brand Xssssssssssssssss?

3 Likes

Yeah! You can even play with a shopping cart too!

Outside of the Screening Room, that is.

3 Likes

I’ll be here

2 Likes

@Aquamon Hurray, Zoidberg is happy!

If you’d said “I’ll be there.” then we could have had a Friends sing-along.

2 Likes

I’ll be there. This watchalong needs an enema!

4 Likes

blows noisemaker

2 Likes

:grinning::confetti_ball::tada:

Zippy de doo, a bump-a-reeno…oh yeah! Feel that oncoming anniversary goodness!

catches a rose from the audience

3 Likes

Batman has a specialized mechanical wrist mounted crotch-puncher

2 Likes

@biff_pow He’s punching crime where it hurts.

3 Likes

Ouch!

2 Likes

Alfred, give Vroom a grant.

4 Likes

Alfred turns to me

Your grant, good sir.

accepts the grant

Hey Misfit, you want to share?

1 Like

What are we gonna spend it on?

1 Like

Buy the ppl Soup.

1 Like

@Misfit Hamdingers?

1 Like

You wanna get nuts?!? Let’s get nuts!!!

2 Likes

I’m still gonna try to make it, but it’s lookin’ shaky! I’ve memorized it well enough to pre-comment, though. Like,

Joker goon flourishes swords at Batman in an alley

Hey, that guy looks like Tiger Woods!

2 Likes

I think Swordslingin’ Steve should get a refund from whoever he paid to learn how to wield his weapon of choice (cue Fatboy Slim’s song).

Batman stands there, thinking “Okay.” as Steve does his bit, then thinks “Okay” after he knocked Steve out.

2 Likes