Tim Burton's Batman Turns 30 This Sunday

Anyone up for an anniversary Watch-Along?

8 Likes

Yes, yes I am.

4 Likes

I’d be interested. Hope I can make it.

3 Likes

I saw this amazing film in the theater opening day. Then I went back and saw it again, and again… I forget how many times. It was a landmark work of art. I bought it on VHS when it came out, and on DVD when that came out. For it’s 30th, perhaps I should get it on Blu-ray. Not since Superman The Movie in 1978 had a “super hero” been translated to screen so visually stunning, emotionally involving, and true to the source values. Regardless of the source, these were plain and simply good movies with good stories.

There has yet to be a better Batmobile design than the Batman '89 version. There was a Batmobile model kit I assembled that same year. I still have it. It’s missing a few things, but still looks fairly good.

I thoroughly enjoyed the pizza party with DC Daily. I too have a full set of the Batman '89 trading cards. I was a bit older than any of them at the time. That film released when I was 23.

3 Likes

You… want us to dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

5 Likes

@Supercook If you want Batman in high definition, do one better and go the Ultra HD route. All four of the Burton/Schumacher Batman movies were recently released in 4K resolution.

I haven’t bought the ones I want yet, but I’m very eager to see how these movies look in 4K.

3 Likes

@Misfit, oh seriously that is one of the coolest lines in movie history!

2 Likes

@Vroom, hey man I got you a lil something. Its in HCQ 5:00 a.m. thread in general. It was on sale.

2 Likes

@Vroom. I have not drunk the 4K Koolade. I really don’t see enough of a difference to warrant replacing my TV, Blu-ray player, and all of my movies. Besides, my TV is 3D, and so are many of my movies. 4K “don’t do that!”

1 Like

What Misfit said!

Amd wow, time flies!!

1 Like

@Gibbyhertz, yes it does but you my friend fall with style!

1 Like

Lol Thanks Aquamon.

Star Command to the rescue!!

1 Like

I’ve done 2 Batman 89 watchalongs in the last 6 months, so of course I’m up for one

neatly files the comments on his desk then interlaces his fingers upon said desk

Well, we’ll just have to see what comes about for a 30th anniversary Watch-Along…

What time’s convenient? I’m thinking mid-afternoon, specifically 3pm Pacific/6pm Eastern. Would that work? 'Lil afternoon matinee action?

2 Likes

My all time favorite Film.

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Stuart’s all time favorite film.

2 Likes

So it would seem.

So…Watch-Along time…what cooks for everyone’s skillet?

2 Likes

I’m just doing school right now so I’m flexible

2 Likes