Titans bad

Exactly, Marvel shows are praised for being gritty and realistic. Yet their movies get love for being light hearted and comedy. DC can never win in the eyes of Marvel fans.

3 Likes

People who don’t like gritty haven’t read comic since the 80s. They are violent and gritty now. This series is good just stop thinking like you want to be in a Disneyland where fake smiles are the thing.

3 Likes

Unlike the Marvel shows, at least Titans feels and looks like a comic book show.

3 Likes

I’m still on the fence. I like the Raven characterization so far. Nightwing and his background stuff is fine. Beast Boy is a non-entity so far, so the jury is still out.

I have no idea how a character like Starfire becomes a killer cosplay hooker though. At least the last episode seemed to suggest something alien about her though, so maybe they can swing her around to something resembling the character soon.

I will watch the full season and give it a fair try. At this point I am neither impressed or disappointed.

The next episode is titled Doom Patrol. So it looks like BB is getting a full intro episode next. We’ve gotten one with Dick and Rachel, and one with Kori. Midway through the season should get better as these characters come together.

It’s great so far. The TT have always been dark if you read their 1980’s run.

1 Like

I thought this episode was a lot slower compared to last week but it wasn’t terrible. And ppl there’s things you can get away with in comics that you can’t get away with in live action and vice vests. For those who enjoy it like me keep watching and for those who hate it don’t watch simple.

I’m really enjoying the show. I have issues with it. The CGI sucks, Imo, and I also think Everyone but Robin looks awful in their costumes so far. It’s still not enough for me not to enjoy the show. I enjoy all the actors regardless of the issues I have.

I’m not sure how you figure a man who hasn’t even touched the series could have an impact on it, but alright I guess

1 Like

I’m enjoying it for what it is. I’m being careful not to compare it to any other shows like Teen Titans (which it’s clearly not) or any of the Marvel shows on Netflix. Heck this show shouldn’t even be compared to any of the CW shows.

Just keep the comparisons at bay, and let the show stand for itself. There’s a lot of episodes left, and whole line up of shows coming, so things should should get better or at very least find their medium .

1 Like

I’ve been reading dc comic since 1997… the show is pretty awesome, like in any tv show or movie there’s always something off(starfire) but accept it as it is and it’s pretty enjoyable. Dick at point of become nightwing… can wait to see it. Love how they’re doing duck has badass. The Show is dark and brutal… love it. It’s as good as Netflix’s Dare Devil.

2 Likes

I am loving the show. Kind of has the kick ass vibe going with it. I find raven and StarFire and Robin or interesting characters. I hope they can maintain good storyline for beast boy

2 Likes

I really like the show. But they need to recognize the CGI limitations which clearly exist. Like this probably shouldn’t have happened:

5eca204250aeca9367e7827b11248dd2-full.jpg

Yeah the show is bad…badass!

1 Like