Titans S2 is so bad

<>

1 Like

spit take

1 Like

You are spot on. There were too many characters in too many places telling too many separate stories. Season 3 I’m old school, please stop with the Identity politics. It comes off as lazy writing and sickening.

2 Likes

I’m willing to bet he’s not dead and will be back.

I liked the first season a lot more. Season 2 fell flat and I kept loosing interest. It was all over the place. Every couple of episodes I’d go back to see if I missed one because it seemed out of place. It changed the momentum of the show. I need to go back and re-watch it. It’s almost like you have to binge watch it out of order just to understand what’s going on. Maybe it’s just me.

1 Like

Season 1 fight scenes were a lot better. Season 2 was all drama

2 Likes

*** Major Spoilers *** I didn’t like that they kept killing off characters so fast throughout the season (especially without much feeling or story for them). You barely got to know some of them. Yeah, who cares about Aqualad. I didn’t even feel anything during his death because they’re wasn’t much of a story past the 1 or 2 episodes he’s in. Donna’s friend/handler had more of impact and I actually felt something during her death. Last season when Jason beat the crap out of those cops, it had more emotion behind it. I still cringe every time I see it and feel something for them.

Killing off Donna was stupid. I’m assuming she going to be coming back, but they should have left a cliff hanger. You can’t just have Raven deus ex machina her back to life after being dead for a week plus because of reasons. I enjoy when shows/movies have a realistic ending. The good guys don’t always win or survive but their death needs to have a meaning or purpose. Donna can take a beating from Superboy but can’t handle 220 volts of electricity.

Meanwhile you have 13 episodes to play around with and you take Superboy, brain wash him for a week or two only to have him snap out of it after Dick gets in his head for all of 32 seconds.

What the hell happened with Dove and Hank? He just dumps her for reasons and gets hooked on pills, again for reasons. Then, he just up’s and quits them after fighting the urge for a whole 32 seconds. It felt like every couple of episodes was a new story, except there was no beginning or ending, they just dove right into the middle. I’m also confused with what happened to Dick and Dove. They’re together in the beginning, they do a time jump and she’s with Hank. Maybe I missed something but why did they break up? Last season he still had a thing for her (present time), Hank was jealous, then that just disappeared. Now Hank is all the sudden cool with him. They even start tossing around a football like they’re childhood best friends. Again, maybe I missed something but an entire season of something that I actually have an interest in shouldn’t be this confusing. The only story that made sense was Cory/Starfire’s and it didn’t even go anywhere (minus the next season cliff hanger). Does anyone else feel the same way?

1 Like

For many who have watched the titans and how they evolved. This was not bad for a reality based comic series , we will always have haters and to make things dark on a kids favorite? Well it’s made for all ages right ? We can’t all have Deadpool and deathstroke moments, besides how many times did deathstroke-Slade come back in teen titans? If you think you can write better? Then do it… give writers ideas and feedback… make season three possible and stop trashing what can make or break a great show. Drama yes teenagers are all about drama and having the titans mixed with young justice is a real big push … besides cyborg isn’t even in it yet … space battles and martians are going to be the ■■■■ and what if they cross with supergirl and the flash or even arrow…there are different ways they can take this and as a fan I enjoy every moment of every series they come up with even if you think the flash is a little corny …he always was lol… kid flash can’t wait and even aquaman hasn’t shown his face only the first aqualad… please keep in mind over forty years of stories can’t all be crammed into a series that can last ten or twenty years of story lines. I for one enjoyed smallville even the old super boy series , yep that’s my rant lol

1 Like

Like at the end, when Dick calls Rose family. She wasn’t around them for more than a hot minute. She shows them she can’t be killed, tries to run away, falls for Jason and then actually runs away. Ow yeah, she gets pissed because the “adults” aren’t sharing information with a total stranger, information which happens to be about her evil dad.

The final scene when Rose is at the airport with everyone as they put Donna’s body on the plane felt really out of place. It doesn’t feel like she earned the right to be apart of something so private and personal.

4 Likes

I concur.

Instead of Donna in that blasted coffin, Ravager should’ve been the one who died as Terra’s stand-in for this version of “The Judas Contract.”

3 Likes

I honestly agree,and i hope they get rid of the blue and i could do a beter show about nightwing and the titans.

1 Like

Oh, and uh, give Knox a grant…

3 Likes

Bring Back Swamp Thing!!!

1 Like

I honestly don’t know what y’all are talking about. S2 was really good and the only bad thing about s2 was how Donna died. s2 to me was really good and i hope s3 is even better.

Totally agree the Titans really sucked the season and Donna Troy death was the stupidest thing DC universe could have done. Also canceling my subscription to DC Universe because of this. Either bring one to go back and put wonder woman and play or go to hell.

2 Likes

Also hate the spellcheck on here. That should be wonder girl back and put wonder woman and play or else, and then go to hell.

1 Like

Maybe they are setting up for Cassie Sandsmark to be the new Wonder Girl in season 3.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree, I wanted to give season 2 a chance but it pretty much flopped in my eyes. For many reasons actually, first of all like everyone else the writing was lazy and very bland. It had nothing special about it and it was really bad. Dr. Light was not needed he was pretty irrelevant as the season went on. Superboy wasn’t even really Superboy, he acted powerless and like a child. Also the story arc with that one lady being his “Mom” that was terrible. Deathstroke was really under used and he was not at all the deathstroke we see in the comics. He was a sad shadow of what he really should be. Also the final battle with Deathstroke was super anti-climactic and it was bad. The whole season was anti-climactic and didn’t really go anywhere and made no sense. Also side note , the actor for Bruce Wayne may have been killer but he was super old ! There is no way he should be that old he still has two more robins to nurture and lead and Dick Grayson barely became Nightwing. I got this DC Universe subscription so I could watch Titans but so far I’ve just been dissapointed. Come on DC your comics have so much story depth and grit and darkness, but your live actions shows really suck. Listen to your community and make some changes please !! Sorry for the rant this has been my TED Talk.

2 Likes

I’d love to see Cassie get introduced, but it shouldn’t come at the expense of Donna

2 Likes

Either way I agree that was a bit of a disappointing way for a beloved character such as Donna to die by some electricity. There could have been a much better in depth and respectful way for her character to go than that.

2 Likes