Titans

Titans… why did they make starfire so different I understand wanting a strong black woman in the show but why starfire it doesn’t feel like I’m watching something with starfire .
Anna Diop is a good actress but I don’t feel she was casted for the right part I feel like she should have had another role has a strong black woman in the show and maybe it’s not her fault maybe it’s the director I don’t know but it doesn’t have the starfire feel and again it’s nothing against Anna Diop as an actress it just doesn’t feel like starfire… Also stop with the 70’s theme for her seriously can a show Portray a strong black woman without making her look like to crawled out of the 70’s…

My issue is that they made her seem like she already has the answers, making the others look stupid, yet, in the animated show, she is the most joyful, and unfamiliar of them all. If anything, Raven should be the smart one, not Starfire.

Also, people will look different. I am not too particular on casting, as long as they can portray the character accurately.

Typed that at almost 3 in the morning… one of the most important parts was …
it’s nothing against Anna Diop as an actress it just doesn’t feel like starfire… Also stop with the 70’s theme for her seriously can a show Portray a strong black woman without making her look like she crawled out of the 70’s…
Why do shows and movies do that woman of all races can be strong figures but for some reason they like to put a 70’s theme on black woman… what’s up with that?

Heya @rkitts75.25884 Very interesting thoughts. Starfire is extremely different from her character in just about everything else she is featured in, but I have to say, while I was looking forward to the lighthearted, lovable character we’re all familiar with, the Titans Starfire definitely grew on me.

SN: I will be moving this thread on over to the “TV, Film, & Games” category, as it seems slightly more fitting there.

I liked Anna Diop as Starfire

1 Like

She’s a yellow alien for crying out loud