Tom King.... worse writer ever???

Anyone else really hating Tom King right now? With the controversial ending of Batman Wedding and who he killed in Heroes in Crisis, I’m starting to really dislike him. His writing and fantastic, but as a comic reader is anyone else super pissed off at him? Let me know what you guys think.

I don’t like some of his decisions but I wouldn’t say he’s a terrible writer or something

1 Like

No point being upset, nothing is permanent at DC.

3 Likes

My favorite run of Batman. Some great stuff!

2 Likes

Is he the worst? Probably not but he is really messing up the DC universe. Also Selina’s reasoning for leaving is really REALLY dumb not enough people talk about that

1 Like

I really enjoyed his Batman run, to be honest!

3 Likes

He’s a great writer, and if he gets any reaction out of you, like a good actor/performer, he did his job & got you to feel something. The real question is do you want to continue to read & see what happens, or are you bored with the story & don’t want to read it? I haven’t read a lot of his Batman, but from what I’ve read of his, I dig his writing, plus I’ve met him & he’s a nice guy.

7 Likes

Well said @RandellusPrime. Alan Moore has a pretty great quote about writing: It is not the job of artists to give the audience what the audience want. If the audience knew what they needed, then they wouldn’t be the audience. They would be the artist. It is the job of artists to give the audience what they need

1 Like

King’s Batman run hasn’t completely been my cup of tea, but I’ve never doubted his skills as a writer or his desire to tell good stories.

1 Like

@Harleys puddin Of course you say that . Do you work for DC or are you sponsored by them?

I think he is a great writer.

OP is so off.

2 Likes