Upcoming DCEU films ranked by anticipation/excitement

We have an interesting batch of DC films coming out in the next few years. Which ones are you most excited for? Give us a ranking! Mine is below (NOTE: I’m only including films with set release dates)

1. Wonder Woman 1984
  2. The Batman
  3. Joker
  4. Aquaman 2
  5. Birds of Prey
  6. The Suicide Squad
1 Like

WW1984. I waited 40 years (since watching tv series) for a new live action Wonder Woman and loved the first film. Looking forward to more films.

If Birds of Prey includes Barbara Gordon - i loved following her story as the Commissioner’s daughter became Batgirl, then a wheelchair-bound survivor of Joker, through Oracle/Birds of Prey, and training back to Batgirl;

Aquaman - Jason Momoa has made me like this character, for the first time ever.

Batman family - there have been so many versions of Batman (and Superman), can we have some focus on the extended Bat family? (Nightwing, Batgirl, Damian/Robin, Red Robin…). (Yes, I watched Titans.)

Suicide Squad - more Katana.

Other:
I would like a Dick Grayson story, from orphaned aerialist, to Robin, to Nightwing.
I’m fascinated by Damian Wayne. Bruce and Talia’s brief affair, early training in the League of Assassins, then left to Bruce, and his adjustments to become Robin.

Of those with dates:

1. WW84 - First movie still the best DCEU film and Gal Gadot can do no wrong.
  2. The Suicide Squad - Love James Gunn and the cast he’s gathered. Bummed that Will Smith won’t be returning though.
  3. The Batman - Batman’s one of my favorite characters, so of course I’m excited, even if another iteration feels too soon.
  4. Birds of Prey - Love the cast and the lower budget feel, but some of the plot details that have come out have left me kinda meh overall.
  5. Joker - Technically not a DCEU film, looks well directed and acted but a solo, origin story film for the Joker of all characters feels incredibly unnecessary, plus the direction they’re taking it feels very decisive.
  6. Aquaman 2 - Liked the first one well enough, but even though I love Momoa, the interpretation of Aquaman that they’re going for is not to my personal liking, plus I think Amber Heard was severely miscast. The first had the Best action in the DCEU tho.

Besides those, very excited for New Gods, Michael Bay’s Lobo movie, a potential Booster Gold flick, and the possible Blue Beetle film.

Spielberg’s Black Hawks film, hope it’s still a thing.

What even counts as part of the DCEU anymore?

The Suicide Squad
Birds of Prey
WW84
The Batman (this one’s too early to excite)
Joker
Aquaman 2

1. Wonder Woman 1984
  2. The Batman
  3. Aquaman 2

I really want the Batgirl movie and the Nightwing movie to get release dates.

I would be more excited for the Birds of Prey movie if Barbara Gordon was going to lead the team.

1. BOP
  2. The Batman
  3. SS2
  4. WW2
  5. AM 2
  6. Joker
1 Like

-Wonder Woman 1984
-Birds of Prey

The others (The Batman, Aquaman 2, Shazam 2, The Suicide Squad, etc) aren’t in production yet, so I’m sticking to films in production ATM.

1 Like

Suicide Squad revamp
Birds of Prey
Joker
Wonder Woman 1984
The Batman
Aquaman 2

The second the finally confirm a new Superman, it will leap to number 1

3 Likes

Joker
Batman
WW84