UPDATED: A Map of the DC's Earth!

Very cool!

1 Like

I’ve been around there, no homicidal clowns

2 Likes

Wow. This is really useful. I appreciate the amount of effort and thought put into this!

1 Like

The inferior Five miniseries had them based in Arizona in something like Gravestone. Not sure if that was in continuity though.

2 Likes

This awesome, great work!

1 Like

looks great!

1 Like

Nice

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking. I looked at the map and was like… huh… is that showing Metropolis in DELAWARE??? As a Delawarean, that would be amazing, but not believable. There is nothing in Delaware, and the largest “city” is Wilmington with like a 90,000 person population. There is no city in the state with over 100,000 people. The whole state doesn’t even have 1,000,000 residents.

Gotham City being in New Jersey would just give that much more ammo to the East Coast people that are always giving the state crap :rofl:

2 Likes

Wow, I really needed to see this, this is clarified the weather and surroundings for me, for several different comics.

1 Like

Dude you were spot on with metropolis!

3 Likes

I love this so much but I still think it’s shady for Metropolis to be in Delaware. XD It makes sense for comic stuff, but in say, Smallville, it makes zero sense. XD Given, that’s DC’s fault, not yours. XD You just decoded their nonsense. <3

2 Likes

There’s a lot of inconsistency in Metropolis’s placement, but the Delaware one just makes the most sense, ultimately. At least for Prime continuity - because there is no way Metropolis is in Delaware in Smallville :flash_hv_2:

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m surprised that they went in for Metropolis being in Delaware like that - and very confused as to why Gotham isn’t in New Jersey! Maybe it’s to hammer home the fact that Batwoman and Supergirl are gonna hang out more from now on, or maybe it’s to limit crossover? (“Why don’t they call Batwoman?” “Why can’t Killer Frost help in Gotham?” Because she’s a 34-hour drive away!) I’m especially wondering if Metropolis and Freeland being so close together doesn’t mean we’ll be getting to explore a bit of the Superman/Black Lightning dynamic, too. It’s not quite the same as them living in the same city, but it’s close enough to have some of that same energy!

1 Like

There’s no one in Delaware that can rock trunks like that while flying, either :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I was completely unaware there was a new Inferior 5! Information’s sparse, so I’m gonna give it a read and see if I can find any more clues about the location of Dangerfield, Arizona! Thanks a ton!

(Also: the original Inferior 5 were from Megalopolis, New York, but I can’t tell if that existed outside of their home of Earth-12 or not…)

1 Like

I’m assuming that was because they’re using Chicago to portray Gotham, much as they’re using LA as National City (with the exception that they actually went to Chicago to film some exteriors… Supergirl hasn’t filmed in LA since they left for Vancouver). The biggest change is Star City being Seattle-esque when the big skyline shots were all Boston.

Metropolis being in Delaware is probably drawn from the DC Heroes game… it had a map that placed the City of Tomorrow and the City of Psychotic Clowns across Delaware Bay from each other, an arrangement that Zack Snyder used in BvS so they could be close by but not drivable.

1 Like

Hey. I was in the football game crowd scene in
DKR! I think I’m a pixel in the first explosion.:slight_smile: It was a lot of fun, and very interesting to see behind the scenes!

4 Likes

I have Ivy Town and Calvin City in my home state

2 Likes

Isn’t The Silencer in Charleston,South Carolina?

2 Likes

Looks that way! I’ll be adding that shortly - thanks for the tip!

2 Likes