Weekly Art Challenge #32, Submission Thread

This is awesome!! The poses and perspective are powerful and shading on Black Mask’s face is especially impressive. I also love the detail work - the trembling gun, the stripes in the suit. Nicely done!!

6 Likes

Thank you!!:blush:

5 Likes

5 Likes

Thanks, all!

@NYJt3 Love it! Great shading on his jacket!

5 Likes

thank you! Skirt wasnt bad at all, since mostly up/down. :sweat_smile: You can see where it started going wonky with the belt, haha. Kind of a relaxing exercise, though!

5 Likes

(tfw CynicalPink’s blind contour drawings are better than your look-at-really-hard-and-draw-lots-of-lines drawings)

@NYJt3 I love your layout/pose and Black Mask’s mask is MWAH

6 Likes

@CynicalPink I took this week’s challenge as to try a different medium. I saw many people were going with clay and I thought I wanted to create a dynamic scene. What to do what to do? Then my love of Legends of Tomorrow saved me again. I would recreate the season finale fight between Beebo and Mallus. It always brings a smile to my face.
What medium to use? Well, being around my kids and their school work at home so much brought to mind the dioramas I used to create for historical scenes in school,
I wish the lighting could be better to see the bare trees in the background like they were in the fight scene but I love how I got Mallus’ fireball to look.

9 Likes

Here are some closeups of Mallus, Beebo and my background.

7 Likes

That came out awesome™:+1:.
Such a fun fight scene too. Can’t wait for Legends new season.

6 Likes

4 Likes

I heard CW has interest in bringing Swamp Thing onto an Arrowverse show. Legends would be perfect especially with Constantine

6 Likes

That would be very awesome™:+1:.

6 Likes

I want to add this to collectibles! Superbly innovative and well done!I love the fireball, too! Great job thinking “outside the box”!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :heart_eyes_cat: Love it!

6 Likes

:laughing: To be fair, i think the blind drawing looks better than my own look-at-really-hard-and-draw-lots-of-lines drawings, too

hugh :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

This is excellent!!

I especially love that you’ve got them suspended in midair. I think you need to recruit your kids (or steal from their art supplies) to try another one of these with a painted background someday! The pipe cleaners were such a clever way to add color and detail to the scene, too.

7 Likes

this

is

AWESOME

it kinda makes me want to see an all-diorama challenge!

7 Likes

… maybe crossed my mind… :shushing_face:

6 Likes

I was gonna draw something new and color it, but this drawing kept calling me. It afforded me extra time to learn new Procreate tools and features, too.

9 Likes

the detail on that chair! :star_struck:

@CynicalPink

6 Likes

Oh damn :eyes:. This got intense! I love it! :clap: I really appreciate how everyone’s interpreting this prompt. And this is really well done. The posing and composition is beautifully dramatic and paired nicely with the more graphic background. :100::100::100:

5 Likes