What Are You Currently Reading?

Just read batman the war of jokes and riddles in between comics rn. Oh also been reading dc rebirth. Not past the first issue though

4 Likes

I loved jokes & riddles. Idk why some people hate it? I read it twice b/c I read no mans land with all the tie-ins after I read it.

5 Likes

Who’s who in DC

2 Likes

@capo-mage yeah I thought it was one of the more interesting stories.

3 Likes

Riddler was great in it. Obviously I guess. The story was mainly between him & Bats. I loved the strings in Wayne Enterprises, or I guess the pre-Wayne enterprises at that moment.

3 Likes

Yeah I liked the different villains involved. And kitemans orgin. Deathstroke vs deadshot I think was super cool.

3 Likes

I just finished Matthew Rosenberg’s indie masterpiece We Can Never Go Home. An excellent read if you like dark comedy and punk rock. It’s pretty much Stray Bullets meets X-Men.

3 Likes

You had me at dark comedy & punk rock, I’m in.

3 Likes

Recently finished sins of youth story.
Enjoyed classic YJ and the fun age swap humor.
Also for the V Day read Mysterious of Love in Space. Very nice stories. Enjoyed Bizzaro’s the most. Nice to seen him cheer up. Kilowag’s was sweet felt sad for him. and Supes was really great. A very well done story.

2 Likes

I am finally exploring Geoff’s JSA.

4 Likes

Read the first 12 issues of The Terrifics a few days ago. Working on Transmetropolitan.

3 Likes

In that case don’t read the old Neal Adams run on Green Lantern. I enjoy the political angle as long as it isn’t shoved down my throat. I like that Hal and Oliver were so different, yet overcame it for a greater good. Still, I’ve had people tell me they feel it’s preachy. I love the Grell run that began in the 80’s.

2 Likes

I have been reading Chuck Dixon’s 1999 Birds of Prey. I have made it to issue 25 and have been digging each book more than the last.

2 Likes

@darkstarz25 I love a Chuck Dixon comic. He’s why I LOVE Tim Drake. When I think Bat-family I think of him. He has made a few too many vocal mistakes and I disagree with him, but dang! Classic case of separating the art from artist for me. Need him back!

2 Likes

Yes, yes it is. It was a fun variation on the character.

2 Likes

I just started Brian Michael Bendis --Superman Run – starting with Action Comics 1000 - Man Of Steel then I’m going to go into Leviathan. I attempted to read it months ago after Reading Peter J Tomasi and most of the other Rebirth Superman books. wasn’t the time
When I first read a BMB it was actually Ultimate Spider-Man and it feels like BMB is giving doing “Ultimate” Superman and So far , BMB always has a way of writing Characters how he thinks Superheroes and Villians talk would chat .
But I’m feeling like when Tom King had to replace Snyders amazing Run on Batman, you have to make some adjustments , No one writes characters exactly the same. So Onward to Leviathan

2 Likes

(My collection) Knightquest:the end, Kyle Rayne origin in G.L. Other Random DC titles from the era, Superboy,Robin, Flash ect.
DCUNIVERSE , Random titles of Batman, Superman, love in space The witching Hour wa really good, The second Tangent series.

3 Likes

I reread Mister Miracle last night after checking out Strange Adventures. Moving right along to Omega Men, and then I’ll probably reread Sheriff of Babylon.

6 Likes

In addition to the new things I am buying, I am reading, through this service and some Essentials collections, a lot of golden age Wonder Woman comics.

They are weird and fascinating to me.

• I still can’t get over how I hate almost every portrayal of Etta Candy that wasn’t written by Marston. She is a weird, goofy, yet indomitable character. The pure joy of that character shows up in almost none of her later portrayals, even from some amazing writers.
  • I am always fascinated by how the same issue can go from progressively feminist to eye-rollingly archaic, often delivered by Wonder Woman’s own words, from one page to the next.
  • The pro-US war message also has a huge range, going from heart-warmingly patriotic to disturbingly jingoistic, to occasionally racist.

I love these comics, though.

5 Likes

Currently reading Kingdom Come and started the Mark Waid Flash run

8 Likes