What big thing happened just before New 52?

I am still vary new to DC Comics and was wanting to read New 52 but its like its in the middle of the story. So if anyone can help me i would appreciate it.

1 Like

That would be Flashpoint, a five-issue miniseries where Flash is the only one aware that he’s in a radically different timeline. This directly set up the New 52 and is one of the biggest DC events in recent years. The core five issues are the minimum you’ll want to read before the New 52, but there are a number of other miniseries, tie-ins and one-shots that expand on the Flashpoint timeline and really flesh out that new world if you’re interested

5 Likes

Thank you vary much

1 Like

Blackest Night/Brightest Day was also a big, really good story that happened not long before Flashpoint/New 52.

4 Likes

The only good Flashpoint was the comic book store in Port Jefferson, in Long Island.
But seriously, I really hated New52 when it happened. As a consequence of this, I really found Flashpoint hard to take after the fact. (it doesn’t help that We’ve had so many re-iterations of it elsewhere)

1 Like

If you’re having trouble tracking down the right issues you can also get the collected paperback version at any comic book shop (or on amazon if there isn’t one nearby.)

1 Like

BTW I also highly recommend the New 52 Batman story Zero Year. Hands down my favorite Batman story I’ve ever read. It comes in two parts, Secret City and Dark City and I seriously cannot recommend it enough, especially for newcomers to comics.

1 Like

Yeah. Don’t read Flashpoint.

Thank you all for the info