What happened to Saturday morning cartoons?

Just wondering.

5 Likes

Parent Watchdog Groups.

2 Likes

I think Red Hood meant our Saturday Mornings WAL :wink:

2 Likes

@Vroom, yup

They’re still on the calendar. My guess is our host has been on vacation/busy with other things and, like James Bond, will return.

1 Like

Lol.
Thanks for clarifying, @Vroom.

Totally Bogus. :joy: What decent person plans events for people then no shows (pun intended) over & over again? It is unacceptable. Then, again DC keeps pushing dates back on printed releases too… Huh, do they need a Life Skills course? I got some excellent time management lessons, even got some Flashpoint info to make it fun! Didn’t expect DC or DCU to advertise one thing & do another… What’s that saying… Oh yeah! Never meet your heroes. Got It! Thanks!

1 Like

Troll

I understand your disappointment, @toonatonian, but the people who run these events are just people like us, and they seem to be stretched pretty thin already. I wouldn’t take it personally.

1 Like

toonatonian’s no troll, I think she’s just emphasizing a desire to see Saturday Morning Cartoons return.

I too can’t wait for it to come back. Maybe when it does we’ll have a new show to watch. For instance, Ruby Spears Superman would be a swell show to mark the return of SMC with :wink:

3 Likes

Would anybody like to do one tomorrow morning?

1 Like

Cartoons on a Sunday? Why that reminds me of this gem from The Simpsons:

Flanders: “Sports on a Sunday? Well-”

Lovejoy: “Oh, just play the damn game Ned!”

3 Likes

I threw a WAL together for tomorrow, thread in the TV & Movies forum! I did great!

1 Like

Honestly I can never participate on Saturdays so this is a rare opportunity for me!

2 Likes

Well heck, maybe it’ll become a regular thing.

1 Like

What HAPPENED is they got cancelled because the movie couldn’t sell toys and DC Universe needs to bring it back for season 2 already and… I just got too specific, didn’t I?

I miss those days!

1 Like

I think Redhood was talking about the cartoon watch-alongs we were having on Saturday mornings in the Watchtower forum. Y’all should join in! We’re watching Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths tomorrow in the TV, Film and Games forum. Details are over there.

1 Like

I used to love sitting in front of the TV in your underwear with a bowl of froot loops when I was a kid.

1 Like

I wore dinosaur jammies when I watched Saturday morning cartoons.

1 Like