What is 5G

Completely out of the loop.

It’s Bendis trying to replicate what he did at Marvel. Replace all of the main characters with diverse ones.

It failed there. It’ll fail here.

4 Likes

It’s a rumour from bleeding cool related to the new timeline that Didio has been teasing. Apparently, we’re in the 4th generation of heroes right now, and we’re about to be in the 5th (5G). Biggest controversy seems to be with Luke Fox becoming Batman.

1 Like

And what are all the generations?

1 Like

@harley.333 we don’t know yet. The timeline hasn’t rolled out and right now there are only rumors.

1 Like

Interesting. Is there any other character speculation as of now? Honestly, I wouldn’t be mad if Luke Fox got some more love, but if people are going to start hating the character because he replaced Batman, then that’s probably not good.

1 Like

Yes, Jon will be Superman now, and Teen Lantern from Young Justice will be GL.

1 Like

@harley.333 I went to googlin’ & the rumor says the generations are:

1. Heroic Age
  2. Space Age
  3. Crisis
  4. Flashpoint
  5. 5G
1 Like

Given that Rebirth is a confirmed continuation/expansion of the New 52/Flashpoint continuity, I don’t see how we’re in the “5th generation” of anything, but whatever.

1 Like

Not yet, but the rumor goes on to say that a new crisis will lead to this new gen.

1 Like

I feel like every day there’s a new thread on 5G. It’s based on a Bleeding Cool article that uses a tweet with no sources or real information. I don’t think we’ll be seeing any major changes for a couple of years. I, for one, am actually on board with completely new characters taking on old mantles. I say it in every 5G thread, but I am totally cool with a new person with a new backstory facing new challenges takes on the idea and mantle of a character like Batman. Those characters have been around for decades. It could be nice to see something new. Anyways, I don’t know if this is possible, but I’d really love for this to be, like, the main 5G thread so there aren’t a bunch of repeats lol.

1 Like

But is this out of continuity?

1 Like

Yeah, I’m hopeful this one is more of a “hey, this is what the rumor says” instead of all the reasons they should or shouldn’t do it. Then again, I have no control, so…

1 Like

Right now it’s just a rumor but the impression is no, not really. But, it’s comic books, so safe to assume temporary at least.

2 Likes

So they might test the waters with it, kind of like the upcoming Three Jokers run?

1 Like

No idea, but Dan Didio has said publicly that there is an official timeline coming out and this seems related to that.

1 Like

Ohhhhh boy

1 Like

is it in canon and in continunity?

1 Like

Well, right now, it’s just a rumor, but the timeline that Didio has been teasing will be. The rest, if true, yes, probably.

1 Like