What Is the Snyder Cut?

This will probably ruin my already miserable reputation (Batman '89 reference). I’ve seen that the Snyder cut is being released and it got me thinking. I don’t actually have any idea what this thing is. I used to think it had something to do with Scott Snyder’s hair (“Snyder” and “cut” what did you expect me to think of? Prime ribs?!). I look it up online and get a bunch of angry rants about how Scott’s brother Zack should release his cut of Justice League. What exactly is this thing and why should I care about it?

4 Likes

Lol I have no idea whether to answer this seriously or with a joke.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know so either is good as long as someone is honest at some point.

2 Likes

Ok, This is as much as I know. Snyder was directing justice league, and then he left due to the death of his daughter. As the movie continued, some of Snyder’s ideas were lost. The Snyder cut is a directors cut. It is Snyder’s version of justice league, rumored to have stuff like more characters (don’t quote me on this, but I think I once heard he was planning on using Gl and/or Martian man hunter?). Release the Snyder cut was a big campaign, with their goal being to, of course, release the Snyder cut. ( This is what I remember offhand, and I’m 80% sure I’m right)

4 Likes

The Snyder Cut is Zack Snyder’s 4-hour-long rough cut of Justice League, assembled before the reshoots by Joss Whedon that were designed to make the film more Avengers-esque.

5 Likes

Ah. Okay. That does sound cool. A lot cooler than a hair cut. Thanks @AlexanderKnox and @SuperBlueGrodd!

4 Likes

Well if you must know…

6 Likes

It’s actually just a 4-hour commercial for Snyder’s of Hanover pretzels
pretzels

4 Likes

OOOO!!! Now I am interested! Much better than a hair cut!

2 Likes

I heard that all new HBO Max subscribers get a coupon for a free bag of pretzels. Sounds like a steal to me

2 Likes

I mean, I wasn’t going to get the hobo max but if it comes with pretzels sign me up!!

3 Likes

Wait… PRETZELS!

3 Likes

Everyone is talking about Zack Snyder Cut, I am waiting for Scott Snyder Cut!

2 Likes