What is Your Favorite Age of Comic Books?

I just thought I would ask everyone what their favorite age or era of comic books was. The Golden Age? The Silver Age? The Bronze Age? The modern era? This is a difficult question for me to answer myself, as I am drawn to the Golden Age characters, but then I think the stories do leave something to be desired at times. I grew up in the Bronze Age, but while I am very sentimental about that era, I can’t say it is my favorite. I think I might have settle with the Silver Age then, when there was quite a bit of creativity taking place at DC.

1 Like

The Golden Age. My second choice would be the 1980s, transitioning between the later years of the Bronze Age and the early Dark Age (before the 1990s ruined everything).

2 Likes

Early Rebirth was great but current comics are terrible

Bronze Age is consistently good
Characterization good enough
Issues full.of plots which you could understand
Arcs relatively ahort or none at all

2 Likes

Silver-age fan here.

Each issue was a good story. Heroing was fun! Character didn’t change at a whim with a new writer. Long run without reboots allowed for a character to journey through life, from orphanage to school to college to working life. Only the imagination (and the CCA :grinning:) put limits to the stories. Jumps in time -ok. Have a supercat and a Superhorse -ok. Best friends in the future - ok. Superhypnotism, Superventriloquosm… anything with the prefix Super- is ok.

In one year of comics all manner of crazy things had happened.

At the start of Rebirth it was really good too.

Our current age of comics is the my very least favorite age.

2 Likes

Small addendum: The YA lines are still good. It’s the main line that have forgotten that comics once were fun and not a dark miserable place of suffering and abuse

1 Like

Bronze Age for me, but I’m also sentimental as that was my childhood. I no longer think in ages, but I think in creators and stories. Is it a good story? I’ll read it. Is it a creator I like? I’ll read it. Good content can be found in all ages you just have to look for it.

2 Likes