What Other Character Should Practical FX Be Done For?

With Swampy on the way and lookin’ mighty fine, I’d love to hear what other characters you think deserve the latex, silicon, airbrush, cast and mold treatment!

My top 3 picks are:

*Martian Manhunter
*Etrigan the Demon
*Kilowog

What are yours? Or who has been created practically that you just LOVE?

8 Likes

Nice choices, @Applejack. Martian Manhunter would be awesome.

7 Likes

Etrigan, heck yes

5 Likes

Random picks:

-Metamorpho
-Man-Bat (the Stan Winston project that never was, sadly)
-Etrigan
-Kalibak
-Un-Men
-Gorilla Grodd
-Element Woman

7 Likes

Oooh, a Demon Knights show would be so cool!

4 Likes

King shark
Etragan
Tomar-ray
Kilowag
Indigo one

5 Likes

Commissioner Gordon. It would be a terrible idea to make him CGI.

11 Likes

-Nekron
-Metallo (w/o skin)
-live action Green Lantern uniforms
-silver body Brainiac
-Validus
-Darkseid
-Salaak
-Aya

6 Likes

Clayface
Mongul
Amazo

7 Likes

Martian Manhunter would be so great! I’d love to see him in a limited series on here

5 Likes

Clayface

Etrigan

Martian Manhunter

6 Likes

Trigon

Man-bat

Gorilla grodd

4 Likes

Green Lantern’s constructs. I just don’t understand why nobody’s tried to make a Green Lantern movie using real power rings.

[Serious answer: Practical Man-Bat would be awesome. The Wolf-Man (1941) is my favorite horror movie so something like the makeup from that (which surprisingly still holds up, aside from the transformation sequences) would be really cool.]

7 Likes
                      Metal Men
4 Likes

Love the idea of practical Man-Bat & Clayface. Clayface could even have a stop-motion kind of look. Keep Batman rogues practical!

5 Likes

Wolf Man 1941 was a great movie which seemed to involve realistic people. Lon.Chaney was a good actor in yhose days just having done Of Mice and Men.

Certainly now almost 80 years later this type of effect has a valid place though it is hard on the actors

I would like a live action Spectre maybe with minimal CGI where he cant see all that the criminal can until the final effect turned into a human candle make kf wood etc.

5 Likes

You know what would be really really cool? Jim Henson’s Omega Men.

7 Likes

Curious @DeadmanBrand, would a practical Deadman be necessary, or would it mostly be an airbrush job? I feel like Deadman has really distinctive features, but maybe a Doug Jones could make that work without prosthetics.

5 Likes

Oh my gosh @HCQ I would LOVE to see a Henson Company Omega Men!!

5 Likes

@TurokSonofStone1950, I could see some really cool ambient stuff happening with Spectre. One of the things I love about Alex Ross is how he makes these otherworldly characters feel real- his Spectre is fantastic.

A practical Man-Bat would be TERRIFYING!! I’m also digging the thought of a living, dripping, Clayface.

I’m having a hard time disassociating Hellboy from Trigon in my mind, or Legend for that matter. We need a new addition to the gallery of red demons :japanese_ogre:

Also getting the creeps thinking of skinless Metallo, and the Un-Men!

King Shark makes me recall a great episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer that had a really funny “mob boss” shark head character.

3 Likes