???

Batman

1 Like

Superman is underrated though

1 Like

Superman is underrated though

Yes.

1 Like

I like them both, but B:TAS has the edge because it added some major changes to the Batman mythos such as adding Harley Quinn and giving Mr. Freeze a sympathetic backstory.

1 Like

I adore them both, but STAS is my pick.

2 Likes

Nothing beats the high points of the original run of BTAS. That said the enormous number of episodes required (it ran at least six days a week of new episodes for alot of its run) means that not all episodes are of equal quality. You have some episodes with a good story and poor animation and others with great animation and lackluster story. What makes it even more frustrating is the fact that alot of two parters have much better animation in one part than the other (compare Feat of Clay part one with part two for example). There are also very few throughlines between episodes giving the show a somewhat disconnected feeling reminiscent of a lot of early comics.

Superman (and the other Timmverse series that followed it) never quite manage episodes anywhere near as good as Almost Got Him or Robin’s Reckoning but they also don’t have low points like Christmas with the Joker. The animation is of good if not outstanding quality throughout and the threads of metaplot reward you for watching the whole series instead of just cherry picking the best episodes.

Batman definitely

I am probably not the person to ask that question since I have always been a HUGE Batman fan but I’d go with the Batman animated series for a umber of reasons including the ones Beagle points out… BTAS gave us Harley and that alone gives the show a big edge. She went from a character invented for the show in what was supposed to be a one shot guest appearance into a STAR in her own right. Add the way Victor Freeze went for a straight up evil villain to a man devoted to finding some way to bring the love of his life back from the dead and Batman gets my vote for best of the two.

Superman was good too but hey Lex was Lex, Lois was Lois … it was a great show but just not as much innovative material.

Batman was noir, Superman was bright & happier. Guess it depends on which u prefer?