What would you consider a Crisis that isn’t?

I was coming up with a chart on how to rank events in DC(Mostly Crisis events) and remembered that there are big DC events that happened that don’t get the luxury of the label “Crisis” what DC events, stories, or runs would you consider to be a Crisis that DC says nay on?
(I personally think Forever Evil is a classic Crisis event)

2 Likes

I’ve always thought War of the Superman, which was like an internal event between all the different Superman titles , was fantastic . I don’t recall it being called a crisis but wow a planet of Super men, women and children… all you need is like 5% of them to be totally nuts and we’re all dead on this planet.

I think Flashpoint definitely fits the bill in that it involves alternate realities and it had a major effect on continuity. Likewise Zero Hour though that was labeled “Crisis in Time”.

3 Likes

Invasion probably fits the bill. Final Night. Blackest Night.

1 Like

1 Million, intense, and everything DC published at the time participated pretty much.

Dark Nights Metal was totally a Crisis. I heard they wanted to call it “Dark Crisis” but didn’t after-all

2 Likes

The Darkseid War could also count.

1 Like

To me these are all the Crises
Crisis on Infinite Earths
Zero Hour
Infinite Crisis
Final Crisis
Flashpoint
Convergence
Dark Knights Metal
I think to truly qualify as a Crisis it needs to either change, alter or reveal something about the multiverse or the main timeline

2 Likes

Don’t forget there were several years worth of annual Crisis events in Justice League of America that introduced the core worlds of the original multiverse.

1 Like

The ones you can collect in “Crisis on Multiple Earths”? Yeah, I’m trying to collect all of those

2 Likes

Some of the earliest ones are actually included on this service as part of the original Justicd League of America series!