What's New to DCU 5/28

It’s that time of the week again! Lots of new comics are coming to DCU at 9 PST. So here’s what’s new!

As always the order of info is:

1. New to DCU

2. Newly Digitized

3. The Big Stuff this week

4. Starting Points

5. Starting Volumes

6. Ending Volumes

7. Announcements

8. New to DCU

Batgirl #23
Batman Beyond #20
Detective Comics #981
Flash #47
Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #45
Hellblazer #22
Justice League: No Justice #3
Mera: Queen of Atlantis #4
Mother Panic: Gotham A.D. #3
Silencer #5
Suicide Squad #42
Terrifics #4
Wonder Woman #47

1. Newly Digitized
    America vs. The Justice League #4
    Deadman #7
    Detective Comics #371
    Doctor Mid-Nite #3
    Hourman #5 and #6
    Wild C.A.T.S Special #1

2. The Big Stuff This Week

Justice League: No Justice #3 → Every issue has only increased the scope and impact on the DC Comics Universe. The series only gets bigger. As the start of Scott Snyder’s Justice League Run, YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS IT!!

Flash #47 → The Flash War officially begins with #47. Get excited for the second major event of The Summer of Events!!

Detective Comics #981 → The end of Batman: Eternal and the end of Tynion IV’s run. This series has been a wonderful exploration of TIm Drake and the impact of Trauma and Loss and I will be sad to see this family comic end.

1. Starting Points

Flash #47 → This starting point isn’t as good as Flash #46 but it is a way to get into the series with the official start of the Flash War Arc!

Justice League : No Justice → For the 3rd week in a row, this series is still a really important starting point. This series is a start of a run that will expand into many different series

1. Starting Volumes

Batman Beyond: Target Batman
Batman Beyond #20-24

1. Ending Volumes

Batgirl: Strange Loop
Batgirl #18-23

Detective Comics: Batmen Eternal
Detective Comics #975-981

1. Announcements!

Hey Everyone! Thanks for supporting me! This week the thing everyone is looking forward to is Swamp Thing and early reviews have all been extremely positive, but take a time to enjoy these titles! I for one am reading 8 different titles. I’m particularly looking forward to reading Mera, Queen of Atlantis. I know you guys are looking forward to Batgirl #23 as it was the Top titles three weeks ago! I’m going to start leaving some questions for you so you can share some stuff below.

Questions)

1. What are you planning on reading on DCU this week!
  2. Have you read any of the digitized titles?
  3. What do you recommend to read and NOT to read!
13 Likes

Working on
Justice League Dark (blight)
Constantine
Smallville

New Digital
Read Terrifics, really entertaining Fantastic Four like

3 Likes

Now that America vs The Justice Society and Dr. Midnight are complete I may have to read some of them. Glad they have completed some mini-series and series but shame it was such a small update. Hope for more next week but am curious what will be added with so many of the comics the series they had been archiving complete.

Good guess more hourman will follow (wonder if they will make it to the end or stop around issue 12), they keep adding Detective Comics so possibly at least one of those. Beyond that I don’t knwo, they added Lois Lane last week and 3 weeks ago so would not be surprised if issue #3 is digitized. Although wondering how far they willg et in that, since they can’t be planning to keep adding 1 issue every two weeks until it is completed. That would literally take years.

Even if I am right on all of that though seems unlikely Detective, Hourman, and Lois Lane will be all unless they plan to do more then 1 or 2 issues each. So curious to see what is going up later this week.

1 Like

Yeah, Lois Lane, Superman’s Best Girlfriend is currently being released bimonthly!

This reminded me that No Justice #2 came out already.
I’m terrible with weekly comics.

New comics are out!

No, I lied. Still waiting.

When are they added exactly ?

Normally at 9 PST but it seems since it’s memorial day, they are late!

I’m eagerly awaiting Batgirl #23 lol I was hoping it would be up by now

Yeah, I think Memorial Day might’ve delayed them.

@ragdoll I get it! It is a really fun title

Whats the word on Silencer? Should I pick that title up ?

Silencer is very good. I would recommend it.

1 Like

Thx @Bullcan, I’ll add it to my reading list.

@Nathan
Did you find the Wildcats Special?
I couldn’t find it.

1 Like

They aren’t up yet. It’s a little late.

1 Like

Are they going to be added tomorrow ?

The W.I.L.D.C.A.T.S. Special will release next week on DC Universe. We sincerely appreciate your reports @Nathan.Payson, and you can always cross-reference your findings with our official “What’s New” news articles every Tuesday.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update @DC Universe

1 Like