What's your favorite Lantern?

Oh I was the only one who wrote the issue so your high praise is greatly appreciated and means so much to me if you have any further questions or feedback when uou finish the issue please let me know as of right now the rest of the group are tackling other characters in the dc universe I can point you in the direction of the writers thread if you like

1 Like

Not taking any credit from anyone just proud of this first issue

1 Like

@smith93628.5811 those are all good choices. Thanks for your contribution. Hal has also been my number one choice as well- for someone who overcame tragedy after, after tragedy, he survived his possession by Parallax, he lost and regained his love Carol Ferris countless times but still grew even stronger, he lost his entire city to Cyborg Superman and Mongul I, but he regained it and became a beacon of hope in Coast City and he inspired them all to overcome their greatest fears. Hal Jordan also has excellent leadership skills, he led the corps when the guardians were pretty much disposed of in N52. He even once exiled himself and risked his own reputation so he could restore the corps reputation after their name had been mired, because his love for the corps was so great that he would risk his own being so that it would live on. He devoted himself fully to those ideals. After all, he had been through so much in his life with the corps. The corps taught him to overcome his greatest fear - to overcome his parent’s death, I also like that he is a bit reckless at times, because he trying to push boundaries to reach the impossible, that’s what every great leader should do. And that’s why I would say he is not only one of the greatest green lanterns, but also the most inspiring.

2 Likes

@grailknightpercival94 wasn’t sure if was just you or others with you that wrote it, sorry about that, but as I said before you did an excellent job. :+1: :+1:Congratulations

1 Like

Thank you so so much it means the world it truly does

1 Like

You’re welcome. If u just enjoy telling me facts than by all means go ahead. I’ve read Green Lantern since the early 80’s. I just don’t want u to waste time typing all that out for me. I know I have a Zatanna avatar but I read everything & always have. I hope that comes thru in text the way that I meant it. Not being mean or cocky. I’m just old lol. I’ve been at the DC game a long time. I don’t mind it at all. I just don’t want you to have to type all that when I already know what you’re telling me. That make sense & not sound like I’m being a #$&*? I hope so. If it’s just b/c of your love of the characters then I get it, I love them too. So you may continue to do so, it doesn’t bother me.

1 Like

@capo-mage I understand it completely. And I meant no offense by it, I just like to share my love for the DC characters with people that like it as much as I do. I like learning new things and I find sharing it with someone else helps me learn even more. As they could suggest something I haven’t thought of before. Maybe i should start checking out the iceberg lounge more for other things than just DC. Hope you have an awesome day. :slight_smile::+1:

1 Like

Then by all means proceed. I love hearing facts & I don’t know everything. I just felt bad that u were writing all of that. I didn’t want u to feel obligated to have to do that for my picks. If it doesn’t bother u, then I’d prefer it. It will only hammer facts deeper into my brain & worst case scenario I’ll learn something knew. I do the same thing b/c I have OCD. I know what a nightmare it can be for me & I didn’t want u to feel compelled to have to do it for my responses. Now that I know it’s excitement over the characters I totally get it. I’m the same way.

1 Like

My bad. I didn’t read above or below me. I love the enthusiasm & I love reading about the characters (obviously or I wouldn’t love comics). It just looked exhausting & I didn’t want you to have to do all that. I was trying to probe & ask politely if u just liked doing it. It’s impossible lol. Even as I reread my post, it’s impossible for me to ask what I was trying to w/o sounding like a $&*# or like I was being cocky. I assure u 100% I wasn’t. I did get the answer I was looking for so at least there’s that. So please feel free to continue this only if u truly don’t mind. Like I said. I don’t know everything & there’s a ton I can learn, so I’d rather u do that, but only if u don’t mind it. Thank you for understanding what I meant by it (I hope) & taking it the way it was meant. Really, w/o being able to talk to u in person, it’s nearly impossible to convey what I was trying to convey.

1 Like

@capo-mage it is quite alright friend we are still good. I know what you meant. And more to your point, it is often hard for one to truly interpret the meaning of text, sometimes face to face or hearing someone’s voice does have its methods. Unfortunately, unless there is a FaceTime option or conference call option this isn’t going to be solved. Plus, DC Universe does work hard to eliminate anything that sounds intently bad and opt to go to iceberg lounge if we want to discuss other matters. So we do have that which I am very thankful for. I tend to be a very detailed oriented person, its a habit of mine mostly cause of how I was raised- since my dad is a college professor which taught me the importance of being as detailed as possible, that and I just love sharing knowledge with others that appreciate it and understand it as I do.

2 Likes

Awesome. I was seconds away from DM’ ing u honestly. I figured I’d already left 2 here & didn’t want to bother u anymore. I encourage how u respond. As I tried to say. I just didn’t want u to think I expected it every time. If I had my choice I would choose detailed responses. Because, as I said. I don’t know everything. In fact in the grand scheme I know almost nothing lol. Hearing things I already know just cements them. Hearing things I didn’t know gains me knowledge so I can’t lose either way. This will make me an easy target, but I can’t stand when I think I’ve been misinterpreted as far as being rude to someone. I was trying to read comics & I couldn’t even concentrate. I just kept thinking, man I’m an idiot I should’ve never tried to say what I was saying &.just said thank u for the response. I apologize. My keyboard is absolutely driving me crazy or I could’ve typed this way faster. It’s skipping spaces automatically & if I tap a letter it’s typing 3-4 of them. Thank u for answering me. I’ll leave the thread alone. I wouldn’t have been able to relax until I knew u understood I wasn’t being rude. It was actually out of caring that made me start all of this mess. Glad you understood that. TTYS.

1 Like

@Nok figured I’d let u know there’s a live Q & A with Rob Vendetti coming up. You can post your questions now. 2 per person.

1 Like

@capo-mage thanks for letting me know. Appreciate the heads up :+1::ok_hand:

1 Like

U bet. I figured u might have a question or 2. Figured I’d let u know just in case?

1 Like

@capo-mage thanks. I would love to ask a question or two, but not sure if I’ll do it or not. Not shy or anything, nothing against them, just not into it right now. But thanks for thinking about me its the thought that counts. Appreciate it friend.

1 Like

Anytime buddy.

1 Like