When Will Red Son Be On DC Universe?

OK, why is it that now that Red Son is out both on Digital and DVD, that it’s taking longer for the movie to be here on DC Universe. Before they were coming out the day it came out on DVD, now it’s coming out far after the movie’s come out on DVD, what in the world is with the delay now. It’s not like the Batman v Ninja Turtles, after all that was two different companies right there, were as Red Son is completely DC/Warner. This really isn’t making any sense now.

2 Likes

Official policy:

4 Likes

@AlexanderKnox is correct. We were informed of the change in October both through the Watchtower forums on the app and through comic media news.

5 Likes

I know. Stinks. I wasn’t a fan of the decision to do a 90 day delay.

1 Like

OK, but why so long of a wait, that’s what really doesn’t make sense at all?

2 Likes

So they can sell some digital and hard copies of the movie. They need to make money off of it so they will have more money to make more movies. DC Universe pays for the rights to these movies so they probably get them cheaper this way.

2 Likes

My hours were cut in half this week. I’ll be waiting. It makes me curious though. What is the return on investment for a typical DC animated film?

You can Rent New DC Animated movies from Red Box Movie Rental boxes. $1.98

1 Like

They’re not stocking Red Box here. Non-essential in my county. I had really hoped Red Son would be here.

1 Like

Just a real quick question when will Superman Red Son be on to watch on the app! I’m looking forward to watching it.

90 days after the blu-Ray release.

1 Like

I will be happy to see Red Son on DC Universe. But have to say I expected more out of it. Not one of the best DC animated films to me.

Dang! That’s unfortunate. I always look forward to most animated DC movies.

@jrwhite13132814.99262 welcome to the community. Enjoy the service.

1 Like