Which DC Character Belongs in the Marvel Universe and Vice Versa

There are no wrong answers, tell us the character and if you want to, why as well, or respectfully tell us why you disagree.

1. Captain Comet as a mutant, and one of the few in the DCU, he would probably be happier in the MU with all the other mutants, and would fit into their stories more easily. He’s always seem to be a bit awkward and doesn’t fit into the current or even past continuity.
  2. As to the Marvel Character, I think Captain America. I know how important he is to the Marvel Universe and for the most part is well used and important to storylines. However, my reasoning is that Cap is based more on an underlying concept, idea or principle and is the embodiment of an idea, which I associate with DC more than Marvel; in this case, for Cap I’ll use Democracy(though others are appropriate as well) as what he embodies. He just seems to fit into the DCU better. As their big characters unlike Marvel’s traditionally are associated with a primary idea or principle. For example, Superman, truth, justice, and the American way, or Hope, or Wonder Woman and Truth.
1 Like

I don’t know what I’d want personally, BUT…

Fun Fact: Marvel and DC were ACTUALLY CONSIDERING A TRADE OF CHARACTERS back in the 90s during the DC Versus Marvel event. The two they considered trading were Martian Manhunter and She-Hulk as they felt they’d each fit better for their companies given their powers being under-represented in the other universes. Both companies were prepared to move ahead on this plan on the creative side, but lawyers for both companies were extremely worried. The various legal hoops and money it would cost to draft up contracts for various scenarios made it so that the plan was just too expensive. Here’s a more in-depth (better) explanation of the situation in this article:

3 Likes

Awesome, never heard about that before, thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

I think New Gods would work better at Marvel because it could act as an evoltion to the Thor mythous. Where the old gods are the Norse Gods. This further backs up my claim

Doctor Strange could transfor over to DC quite well because hes more of a Dikto creation than a Lee creation and then pair him up with the Question or Ted Kord (any of the Charlton charactors really)

2 Likes

Both good picks with sound reasoning, can’t argue with them, oh and great article in support of the New Gods, I had read that before and it does make sense.

1 Like

Daredevil just screams DC though and through. Though perhaps I like him because he’s such a fish out of water in the Marvel universe.

2 Likes

Worth noting that Nightwing is more or less Daredevil with sight.

3 Likes

Booster gold in marvel seems fitting, i don’t know why

Edit: I can definitely see a booster gold and Spider-Man team up

2 Likes