Which DC character did you relate to the most when you were a kid?

I related the most to Raven from Teen Titans because I was going through my emo phase at the time haha

3 Likes

LOSH Karate Kid
Always seemed to have to do more with less, being the only member of the LOSH without a super/meta power. Something I could relate to.

2 Likes

Batman, followed by Superman.

2 Likes

Billy Batson. Just a kid with no powers until he said the magic word. I dreamed that would happen to me. Any other idiots out there who would randomly shout SHAZAM! In an effort to get super powers? Anyone? Oh…yeah. Me neither. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Why did you relate to Batman?

2 Likes

I don’t know that I related very much to any particular character but I found myself drawn to Tim Drake than anyone else. He was nerdy and cool, and I guess that’s how I fancied myself, too.

4 Likes

Flash

2 Likes

Probably tells my age, but I related to Nuklon (later Atom Smasher) quite a bit. Awkward, nerdy, has mostly good intentions…and friend zoned by just about everyone. LOL

Probably my first comic crush too, now that I think about it.

2 Likes

Batman, because I’m Batman.

3 Likes

Ah, the friend zone. I spent some time there lol

2 Likes

@WonderFlash93 Mayhaps “relate” was the wrong word, but as a kid, I really enjoyed Batman’s:

-appearance (especially when I came across comic tales illustrated by the mightily magnificent Jim Aparo)
-demeanor
-intelligence quotient
-ability to put his fist into a jerk’s face in a most spectacular fashion
-toys (“Where does he get those wonderful toys?” Joker? Why, at the local Children’s Palace!)

When I was a young warthog, Batman had it all.

2 Likes

Since I was a teenager, I’ve always related to the Green Lantern. Whether it’s Hal being looked at differently after what he did or Kyle just being an artist given a chance at greatness. It all really hit home to me.

2 Likes

Kyle Rayner. He’s the character that got me into DC as a kid and to this day I consider him the best GL. He was a character that we truly got to see grow and mature and the Mars run will forever be my favorite GL run. I like the Johns run but I feel like Kyle got the short end of the stick and am really hoping that one day he will get his own solo book again not just another team book.

2 Likes

This is a hard question for me honestly I grew up a die hard Batman fan for many reasons. I am a only son except that I had a older brother that died of sids sadly. So in many ways I grew up in the shadows of a what if. I also grew up the son of a powerful n very respected man he owned his own business so it was like being the son of a king in many ways he was big n scary. As a child I grew up on a dead end street all By myself all I had was my dog until I was 5-6 years old. This is when I met my two best friends who my father n mother raised as his own ( sadly both there fathers where never there) , so ur probably wondering what does this all mean lol it means I grew up by my self except for my adopted brothers this made me a semi introvert in some ways , in front of people I was the favorite son much like Bruce but when I was alone i felt more like Batman but what is funny now is that I am 23 n realize that I’m much more like Damian Wayne but Just did not know it at the time.

3 Likes