Which DC heroes do you like, but never really delved into?

As I have said before, if time, money and space were never an issue, I’d be reading and collecting far more than I am right now. Having said that, the Hawks (Hawkman and Hawkgirl) have always captured my imagination, purely based on their badass looks. I read some of the comics, including the current Hawkman run, but never really fully embraced them as “favorites”. I might add to anything Green Lantern related to this list. I like space sci-fi stuff, but again…never really got beyond reading a few issues here & there and watching the JL cartoons. Who’s on your…for lack of a better term…“may get into that someday” list?

6 Likes

Stargirl and the Question are characters I could imagine reading start to finish. I am currently working through Batgirl from start to end, so that should keep me occupied through the summer.

3 Likes

Mister Miracle. I only got a taste of him in the Justice League Darkseid War but everyone has been talking about his new book saying how great it is. His costume is cool. He and his wife are interesting. I’ve been meaning to read the new stuff but just have had the time cause I have been reading so much other stuff. Just finally finished the first Rebirth comic.

2 Likes

Stargirl! Adds to list…

2 Likes

I hear you about Mister Miracle…been seeing a lot of high praise for Tom King’s run. That is a definite “when it’s available on DCU” read for me.

4 Likes

Martian Manhunter and Hawkman.

3 Likes

Mongul, Mogo, Starfire, Man-Bat, Bane, Animal Man, Vixen, etc.

2 Likes

Plasticman. I enjoy his attitude but aside from media I haven’t read much of him other than injustice. He’s quickly become one of my favorites and I plan I’m getting the trade when his mini series is finished.

4 Likes

Red Tornado and Captain Atom. Although I didn’t see too many positive reviews about the latter.

2 Likes

Department of Extranormal Operations
“The DEO is led by the reformed villain Director Bones. Cameron Chase, Manhunter, Nemesis, Diana Prince, and Batwoman are operatives of the organization, policing dangerous meta-human activity. The DEO also employs Kate Spencer and Damon Matthews as attorneys in meta-human trials.”
In my opinion, this would make a great animated series. The DC app has some excellent Batwoman comics available involving the DEO

2 Likes

After watching all those CW shows, I’ve realized I’ve yet to pick up any Green Arrow or Flash comics.

3 Likes

Adds Plastic Man to list…

1 Like

Green lantern. I always wanted to dive into his comics and learn more about him.

1 Like

The Legion of Superheroes, Icon, and Starfire

1 Like

Constantine, lots of my friends love Constantine. And what’s not to love? snarky sarcastic smoker in a trench coat dealing with the strange and magical. Normally I would be all over that kind of stuff and every time I do have money to spend I keep putting it on the back burner for other stories. One day though, I just know it, one day I’m going to dive in and my friends and fam can laugh at me then for taking so long

1 Like

Enjoyed Constantine when he was part of JL Dark. Wish they bring him back as a permanent member in the current series.

2 Likes

Icon and superman

1 Like

1980s Vigilante. I always thought he had an incredible look but I only really followed him in New Teen Titans

1 Like

@shanty 80s Vigilante thats a good one. I’d also have to say Capt. Marvel (Shazam). I’ve only skimmed the surface. Also The Atom. I’ve been wanting to read Sword of the Atom for awhile now. I understand it’s the seminal arc of that characters entire run(s).

@DcComicsCrisis Sword of the Atom is great. Power of the Atom which was an ongoing was interesting sequel as well that was an 18 issue ongoing that is basically Ray putting his life back together.