Which Iconic Batman Storyline Is the Best? Part 2

Sooo… I’m bad at remembering things. First I forgot captain boomerang on the rouges poll, now I’ve forgotten iconic Batman storylines! Well this is the part 2. Your welcome. This time I’ll go for year one. Such a good story that reimagines the Batman origin!

Which iconic Batman storyline is the best?

0 voters

6 Likes

Year One. It’s a masterpiece what can I say? It mastered the tone of Batman and is just told brilliantly.

6 Likes

In all honesty I have yet to read them all, but I absolutely love Death of the Family.

3 Likes

Great stories, but I had to go with Year One.
Another great poll.
:+1:

5 Likes

@DefinitlyNOTJackRyder can you do one for Superman?
I love polls like this.
Great Job

3 Likes

I think i have something in mind.

3 Likes

Death of the Family is the best. The perfect re-examination of Batman/Jokers relationship and boosted by great art. However, I would consider The Black Mirror to be the best Batman story because of the feeling of darkness within the book and the duel narrative of Dick and Gordon.

2 Likes

Year one is a nigh flawless Batman story.

TDKR is an excellent elseworlds adventure.

Death in the Family is a very good Batman story which had an incredibly influential effect.

Death of the Family was a good story with no real lasting effects.

Batman and Son is a fine story with extremely important effects.

Contagion was a pretty good story which explored how Batman would handle a disease rather than a criminal mastermind.

Legacy was fine but didn’t really do anything special. Rematch with Bane. Batman wins. Nothing else of much consequence happens in that book.

5 Likes

2 Likes

I know it’s going to come down between the Frank Miller stories (both of which I enjoy, but neither of which I love), yet Grant Morrison’s ninja Man-Bats win out for me.

4 Likes

Batman: Year One for the win!

3 Likes

My favorite comic’s little brother (in multiple ways).

1 Like

I haven’t heard of Contagion or Legacy. Do I still get to vote? I went with Year One.

1 Like

Contagion is where a deadly disease plagues Gotham, challenging Batman to stop an enemy that he can’t see. Legacy is a sequel of sorts where bane makes a return with ra’s al Ghul and Talia al Ghul. They’re both pretty decent, so I’d you have the chance I’d check them out.

3 Likes

I meant to vote Death of the Family. Can’t change it. I’m Black Mirror for Batman & Death for Favorite Joker storyline.

1 Like

I just got to Grant Morrisons run in my Batman read. Read that encounter the other day

3 Likes

Good to see you back in the DCU @Casey19652! :smiley: :+1:

3 Likes