Who Is Nightwing’s True Love? Batgirl or Starfire?

I think Dick’s true love is Barbara. To me Kori seems like a teenager/college fling. They only really dated in Titans comics, and when he was still figuring himself out. But with Barbara he dated her when he was older (where he has himself figured out better) and it wasn’t only with the Titans (I know she wasn’t really lart of the Titans), but in many different series. They also have better relationship that being dating or as friends.

4 Likes

Dick/Babs is the best couple in the DC Universe (next to Lois & Clark).

1 Like

I think it’s the other way around, myself.

Agreed, just laziness on the part of the writers. But Whatever happened to the normal boyfriend/girlfriend dynamic. Not saying that a hero romance isn’t appealing or can’t be complex but I kinda miss that in my cape stories.

1 Like

Is there an agreed upon term for these unions? Starwing? DickBabs? shudder

2 Likes

Koriand’ick and Gorson

1 Like

Did I post already? I don’t know.
To answer the question: neither.

1 Like

I’d vote for Babs but the HQ animated movie made me want to see more than just the one night stand between the two

1 Like

Star all the way. It’s been said over and over again, but Dickbabs has too much of a brother/sister vibe for me. Plus, I’m WAY biased for anything Teen Titans! :smile: Also, Dick and Babs think too similarly and get too far into themselves. Kori helps pull him out. I think Babs needs someone like that, too.

2 Likes

Starfire hands down.

2 Likes

I dont have much knowledge on the Babs/Dick ship yet but im reading early Titans by Wolfman and Perez and while i like Starfire and Dick together, I feel like Raven/ Dick had some potential that i bet wasn’t explored

Starfire. Dick and Babs had their shot SEVERAL times - several more times than it deserves and it’s never worked out. It’s tired. Whereas Dick has actually settled down with Starfire once.

1 Like

Kory and Dick :heart:
Love at first sight​:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Batgirl. Has to be Dick and Barbara! There are too many things Dick does in his story (and life) that Kory can’t fit into.

4 Likes

Idk what Dick and Babs ship name would be but I’m called Dick and Starfire Nightstar for both Nightwing and Starfire and because that’s their daughter’s name.

Batgirl :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Babes is Dick’s one true love! Kory is great, but not who he belongs with.

4 Likes

I’m team Bruce and Dick need to make up before he starts dating anyone else. :roll_eyes:

I grew up with the Teen Titans animated show and loved Robin and Starfire together. Watching the DC animated movies, Starfire and Nightwing are a great couple and show how comfortable they are with each other and how they bring out each other’s best. It’s a great depiction of the comics where she’s a light in his life that supports him as he grows from Robin to Nightwing.

You see in stories like Kingdom Come and the New Order they have kids together, and in Kingdom Come you see how she mourns him. They have a long history and when they don’t work out it’s under weird circumstances where they’re written poorly/out of character, in my opinion.

I have to stay Starfire because he’s his best version, his happiest with her.

2 Likes