Who is Red X?

I think it is Jason Todd. He should be in the comics and have a series called Red Hood vs Red X!! Daaammm!

7 Likes

I’ve always liked the idea of Red X being Grant Wilson.

1 Like

Red X should be black spider. Thought that was interesting.

4 Likes

My pet theory is that Red X is a clone of Robin, made by Slade and Professor Chang while Robin was apprenticing for him. It was meant as a contingency in case Robin went back to the Titans, so Slade could still have his apprentice — but he found Terra to fill the role before his clone was ready.

By the time the clone of Robin emerged, Slade was already dead by Terra’s hand. Taking on the mantle of Red X, the Robin clone resolved to find his own path.

5 Likes

Red X said “Doesnt mean I know how to play the Hero” he was definetly a Robin before.

2 Likes

Red X said “Doesnt mean I know how to play the Hero” he was definetly a Robin before.

I like to take that as a reference to the fact that for all intents and purposes, he’s a copy of Dick. He may even have some or all of his memories. It’s why he fights exactly like him, and sounds exactly like him.

2 Likes

Plus, I always thought finding the answer in a previously established storyline would be more narratively appropriate than introducing an entirely new character to the show for his real identity. You have to think of Teen Titans as its own story; not as part of a larger DC Universe. References to Batman remain oblique at best throughout the series for a reason. (True, the last season broke some of those rules with the introduction of Doom Patrol… but I think Doom Patrol was obscure enough at the time that the staff decided it wouldn’t draw focus.)

1 Like

With that said: Red X absolutely should be a mysterious Teen Titans villain in the comics. What the hell? It’s been like 15 years already.

2 Likes

I don’t know but that costume is pretty sweet!

My guess is:

The Red Hood of Batman Beyond?

3 Likes

It would be really confusing if some other guy became and then stopped being Robin while Dick was still Robin. That was never going to be a twist they were going for, and a Jason who was never Robin defeats the point of his being Jason to begin with.

HCQ’s theory is as functional as anything, but he’s such a complete enigma that it’s very possible they never had a solution planned.

4 Likes

There were many Jason Todd Easter Eggs, the clone one is good but it was never teased or anything. Robin fixes his Jason Todd hair in one episode, and Beast Boy had a Jason Todd in his chalkboard so he was in the universe.

Yes he should be in comics but as X because “Red” is for Red Hood and DC loves him. I personally love the name Red X

There were many Jason Todd Easter Eggs, the clone one is good but it was never teased or anything. Robin fixes his Jason Todd hair in one episode, and Beast Boy had a Jason Todd in his chalkboard so he was in the universe.

Yes he should be in comics but as X because “Red” is for Red Hood and DC loves him. I personally love the name Red X

1 Like

Red X is another Cadmus clone project. This time of Jason Todd.

Red X is another Cadmus clone project. This time of Jason Todd.

I do agree. I think it’s Jason too. I think they wanted to do red hood but either couldn’t get him or tried to make there own version with him so they brought him back.

I do like HCQ’s theory though. I feel it would be an interesting story.

Yeah and also we’re is he in the comics. Come one bring him in.

(Well they are just finally bring Phantasm to comics and she’s been out longer so he might have a while)

1 Like

Honestly, I feel like at this point, this many years later, if the writers HAD an identity planned for him, they would have told us by now

I love that they kept it a secret but a recent comicbook would be fantastic.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like