Who’s your favorite DC Comics writer?

Need I say more?

5 Likes

Personally, I love Robert Venditti’s work! I got introduced to his writing through his X-O Manowar run for Valiant Comics, and got hooked on his run of Hal Jordan and the GL Corps

1 Like

Have to go with Paul Dini. Something about his work just always seems to click (Countdown notwithstanding), and he can write a oneshot like nobody else.

I also really like Mark Waid and Chuck Dixon. Waid has a talent for coming up with cool, interesting plots with nice twists. I like Dixon’s work because it’s consistently fun to read with a good mix of drama, action, and humor, and he was able to do that consistently on a ton of different series, all at once.

3 Likes

Jeff Parker

1 Like

Geoff Johns.

Dude completely changed Green Lantern, The Flash, Aquaman and, Shazam for me.

6 Likes

I don’t know if she’s my favorite, but I have consistently enjoyed anything by Gail Simone. Peter David’s run on Young Justice is a big reason why I got into comics in the first place. And, of course, Geoff Johns.

1 Like

For me it’s gotta be Greg Rucka. Not only his two runs on Wonder Woman but Batwoman Elegy is just so good.

2 Likes

Top Three:

-Geoff Johns
-Grant Morrison
-Dan Jurgens

4 Likes

Geoff Johns & Peter Tomasi.

3 Likes

Scott Snyder

6 Likes

Currently: Dan Jurgens
All-time: Len Wein

1 Like

Scott Snyder. Especially his horror. It’s pure genius.

2 Likes

@BatmanSwagger178 I absolutely LOVED Wytches!

1 Like

Alan Moore duh

2 Likes

Denny O’neil and Marv Wolfman. They both could do EPIC storylines, yet not lose subtlety.
Len Wein. The most versatile.
Alan Moore. He’s good at reinvention and Watchmen is bleepin brilliant. A work that was out of the box, made people truly realize comics are literature and will truly stand the test of time. (It’s on Time Magazine’s 100 great novels of all time for good reason.)

4 Likes

So many great writers. But I would go with Keith Giffen because I love the JLI and Ambush Bug or Peter David who I can always count on for quality.

That is hard to decide. Marv Wolfman is probably the greatest. Len Wein, Gerry Conway, Roy Thomas, Keith Giffen, and J. M. DeMatteis have to be really high on the list. Then, of course, there are the seminal Silver Age writers like John Broome and Gardner Fox. There is no single correct answer.

2 Likes

Bill Finger, he was the driving force behind the Bat-Man, and created the core of the character.

4 Likes

If we’re including past writers…

Gardner Fox, who created and wrote both the JSA and the JLA.

1 Like

Geoff Johns

2 Likes