Will Wonder Woman: Bloodlines Be On Here?

Normally, whenever a new DC Animated Movie Universe film comes out, it’s made available on DC Universe on the day of the Blu-ray release. That would be today for Bloodlines, but I don’t see it anywhere. Has there been any word on when it’ll become available here?

6 Likes

Hi, Steven. The animated flicks now come to the service 90 days after release date. So 90 days after 10/5/19 for this one.

2 Likes

Actually, it should be 90 days from October 22 the DVD release date. So that would be January 20.

3 Likes

Cool. This movie looks neat, even though I’m not as fond of the New 52 version of Wonder Woman as the other depictions.

3 Likes

I would have to find the thread (and I’m REALLY lazy) but I’m pretty sure it was 90 days after the initial release. Bloodlines came out on digital platforms on 10/5.

Found it! The new search feature here is pretty cool!

7 Likes

Thanks, JL. I stand corrected!

And I’m still too lazy for all that search stuff​:slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome and I’m so sorry @ralphsix ! It was not my intention to correct. I just wanted to find the right answer and give the new search bar spin! :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to watching Bloodlines when arrives on DCU.

2 Likes

Oh, no worries! I only mind being wrong if I’m confident I’m right.:slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to this, as well. Wonder Woman has been nailing it in every media she’s been in lately.

2 Likes

This sucks. I wish it came out sooner. What’s the point of having the subscription? DC really wants us to rent or buy it, rather than get premium quality here?

4 Likes

Well, yes, DC does want you to buy it! But you will get it on here, plus all the thousands of comics, original shows, old shows and movies and such. I get enough bang for the buck.

2 Likes

As already stated, animated movies will be added to the service 90 days after DVD/Blu-Ray release. Please keep an eye on the Watchtower for information of all content being added to the service in future. :slight_smile:

1 Like

90 days is a long time and it’s not like they give us much other movies to watch

6 Likes

They cycle in new movies every month. Plus they have new episodes of Titans (or other original content) every Friday. Not to mention new episodes of DC Daily… well, daily during the week. And more than 20,000 comics. And they don’t “give” these things to us like it’s a right. It’s a business transaction. Warner Bros. deemed that the price for the service can cover everything without losing money. Sure, I wish it were less than 90 days like it used to be, but there’s certainly no reason to be upset about it.

2 Likes

I’m just going to say, I think you’ll be happy with how many elements from before and after the New 52 this movie depicts. :smile:

2 Likes

@Noge It’s important to remember that these films don’t get theatrical releases. The only way for them to make money is through DVD, Blu-Ray, and Digital purchases (along with licensing agreements for other platforms). If you really do care for these films and want them to continue, you need to be more understanding of how these films get made. Without those purchases, the film wouldn’t exist at all. Yeah, 90 days is a long time, but at least they’re being made. If they don’t make money, they’ll never be made again. Hope you get it. :smile:

2 Likes

Can’t wait!

3 Likes

I understand how the world works. I hope you get that I pay for a subscription here with the understanding of getting some perks. They had released animation videos sooner in the past. It’s important to remember not to lecture to people, as well.

3 Likes

I wasn’t trying to lecture, I truly apologize if it comes across that way. I’ve always had a formal tone in text, and struggle to convey my emotion through it (it’s why I added the emoji at the end, to try and create a more positive and sincere tone). And while it’s nice to think that you have some “perks” on this service, DCU has always been very transparent when it comes to this sort of thing. All available titles are possible to see before purchasing the service and the way the animated films are released on here is also available. The time it takes to get here may be longer, but we were never getting it right away. (Not lecturing, just trying to discuss. I hope it’s clear lol.)

2 Likes

@OmniLad I agree with everything you said except “we were never getting it right away.” The animated films had been coming to the service same day and date as the release. I don’t have a problem with the 90 days, but this was a change.

5 Likes