Wonder Woman (1974)

Wonder Woman (1974)

It’s great this is added! I haven’t seen this in years!!!

6 Likes

I forgot all about this movie!

2 Likes

Lol wut

Wow, I’ve never heard of this film. It’s a very interesting take on Wonder Woman. It’s a bit more lke 70s spy TV shows than like a super hero film. A bit dated, but very fun and clever.

4 Likes

This is a take on the stories where Diana gave up her power, I believe. It’s definitely a different take, but like the comics, it just isn’t what Wonder Woman should be.

4 Likes

There was a clip of this on the drafthouse premovie reel. Kind of rad to actually see it. Prep the wine and crackers. This is well aged cheese. Would reccomend!

4 Likes

Fun 70s movie. Was surprised I still remembered some of the scenes having seen it as a kid in the 70s .

2 Likes

I love it cause something like can ahow us how far DC movies and tv shows have come. Love it

3 Likes

Ican remember watching this as a kid…loved it for what it was and still do …gotta think on the fact that this was a made for TV Movie of the Week and most of these were on ABC Television. A lot were viewed as pilots for possible series as well.The budgets were limited and so was the technology for the times… Ricardo Montalban excellent as the smooth, coll Abner Smith…and I liked the fact you do not see his face for quite a while into the movie… Cathy Lee Crosby… previously was playing on the pro tennis circuit including Wimbledon twice…so definitely had the athletic prowess for the role…so check this classic TV flick from 1974 out…

6 Likes

Finally got to see this with my mom and aunt. Love it! Too bad it didn’t continue…

5 Likes

My mamma said if I can’t say anything nice, then don’t say anything at all…

6 Likes

This was not wonderwomen this was the spy that doesnt shagg me lol but once it waa on i coulsnt stop watching it. I would recommend ppl to watch it

7 Likes

I know it’s not award winning stuff but these are the type of TV movies I loved watching when I was growing up. Plus, you get to see the styles, the people, heck even Charlene Holt ( she was Maudie in John Wayne’s “El Dorado” 1967 ) playing her mom! It’s not edge of your seat but before beta,vhs,laser disc, CED disc, DVD, Blu Ray, cable, Dish, Direct, and now VOD & streaming there were made-for-television movies! I truly wish that ALL the networks would go back and try to find as many as possible and put them out again. Better yet maybe Jeff Bezo (the richest person in modern time) can purchase the rights to air them on a nothing but, “Made-For-Television 24 Hour Movie Channel” Thank You DC Universe! Please FIND MORE!!!

11 Likes

Good times. Haven’t seen this since I was little.

5 Likes

I wish they’d carried some of us this over into modern adaptations. Not that Diana isn’t still about love and sisterhood, just that I like that she left the island with her mother’s blessing as an ambassador, rather than the versions where they’re in conflict with each other.

2 Likes

Ricardo flirting is the only thing that makes sense here.

2 Likes

Wow. I feel like the plot was purposely made a secret to viewers. Or just completely left “to be determined later” in the draft. What is going on here?

1 Like

It’s kind of charming. It’s ridiculous and objectively not good, but something about it gives it a watchability factor.

The music is terrible. It’s like they got the music out of a certain type of 70’s film if you catch my drift.

The acting was decent enough for a TV movie of the time. The role of Steve Trevor was perfectly cast and the best acted overall. It’s a shame how underutilized Steve was seeing how he was really the only actor trying and succeeding to be believable. I just think the role of Wonder Woman was miscast. I don’t mean that she was miscast for the role of Wonder Woman from the comics, but even the role written specifically for this movie. She just doesn’t fit the character they wrote and she’s probably the one that sticks out the most as a problem in the cast.

2 Likes

What in the Kanye west, did I just watch? It feels like this was some sort of rejected tv pilot version of Charlie’s angels. I couldn’t even finish. It’s a hard no, for me.

4 Likes