Wonder Woman 1984 Campaign

That’s the thing. They’ve made us wait this long, most of us will wait until the option we prefer is available. I’m also not sure it would be a financial disaster. Not exactly a profitable one, but if it were to lead to enough growth for HBO Max, it would be exactly what AT&T wants and needs right now. Delaying the movie has already cost them in merchandise sales as they don’t have the movie to push the products. Products all over the country are in clearance bins and the movie hasn’t even come out. WW84 will also face a lot of competition when movies are able to come back stronger in theaters.

We’ll just have to wait and see as we have been.

2 Likes

You may be correct, cash in hand even at a loss can be better than no money at all. HBO MAX has been underperforming, caused as much by availability as anything else, hence the Synder cut. Will they sacrifice WW84 as well, time will tell. Disney + got numbers but lost money on Mulan, and considering HBO MAX is more expensive; we just have to see how it plays out.

2 Likes

Merry Xmas DC fans

7 Likes

At No Extra Cost To Subscribers

Disney what’s good?

9 Likes

Not gonna lie, this was kinda inevitable. As much as it would have been nice to see it in theaters, the business can’t survive if product doesn’t get released.

Here’s hoping we get out of this pandemic before “The Batman” faces the same fate.

3 Likes

It will still be in theaters for people that want to experience it that way and can. I don’t have a theater open near me, but luckily have HBO Max. I can’t lie, I am excited for this movie releasing on HBO Max, especially now that the app is on Amazon products.

You’re right though. It was inevitable. The company can’t keep losing money from not releasing their movies. I hope we get to have a third Wonder Woman that is able to blow up and get to $1 billion.

5 Likes

This is FANTASTIC!

1. It gets people talking about an actual movie release that we’ve been looking forward to all year. Seriously, when was the last major movie that came out? This gives the entire movie audiences to WW84 and gives them a full five weeks to promote it, to go on talk shows and to get buzz going. It’s perfect.

2. This will minimize the losses for Warner Bros. because literally thousands of people will sign up for HBO Max as a result of this. Most will be subscribers for more than one month meaning they grow their subscription base, make at least $30 per subscriber and again they have five weeks to promote HBO Max and give people teasers to keep them subscribed into and throughout 2021.

3. WE GET TO SEE WONDER WOMAN 1984!

4. This is a great day to be a DC Comics fan who is also an HBO Max subscriber. If you weren’t already subscribing to HBO Max in anticipation of the video leaving this site this ought to get you on the train. At least for one month to see the movie event of 2020.

I love this news and am looking forward to Christmas like I’m seven years old again.

7 Likes

Wonder Woman 1984 on Christmas! That’s special. I cannot wait to see this, I loved the first movie. This also works as a prequel for, Justice League: The Snyder Cut.

5 Likes

You’re so right! Time to rewatch WW for the 84th time to prepare for WW84.

4 Likes

Absolutely!

4 Likes

You know if this goes well HBOMAX will produce more Movies in this intertwined DC Filmverse.

4 Likes

We gotta watch it on HBO Max. I really hope people that can get HBO Max do instead of going the pirate route. It’d be awesome to get more Wonder Woman content with HBO Max tie-in shows like The Batman.

4 Likes
4 Likes

:raised_hands: :tada: :wonderwoman: :heart: (rewatches WW…again)
Been talking myself down on the release for so long, I almost forgot how badly I want to see it! :smile:

4 Likes

Same! The hype I experienced from this announcement though.

tenor (8)

4 Likes

Patty’s message:

4 Likes

A new international poster for ‘WONDER WOMAN 1984’ has been released. The film will have a virtual panel at #CCXPWorlds on December 6.

4 Likes
3 Likes

That’s good news, if true. When is MAX getting 4K, anyone know?

3 Likes

3 Likes