Wonder Woman: Bloodlines

I would really like some clarification on when new animated films will appear on DC Universe. I was led to believe they would become available to subscribers the same day the Blu-ray DVD was released. Using that formula, Wonder Woman: Bloodlines should have become available to DC Universe subscribers on 12/22/19. Please inform and make clear. This is a very frustrating situation that makes the service seem second rate.

4 Likes

It was said in the watchtower forum that we would now be getting the new animated films 90 days after the physical release. I’d say check the Watchtower forums for more information.

Also…second rate? A little rash, wouldn’t you say?

3 Likes

Try the nice new search box. You can find plenty on info about this.

not to jump on, but I completely understood pushing them back 90 days from the physical release. It makes a lot of sense that they want as many people to buy the DVD / Blu-ray as possible, before releasing it on this service. I’m just glad they are committed to releasing it on this service. DC animated films have been consistently good quality movies.

I don’t find the service second-rate at all. There are more comics on here than I could possibly read, which is my first reason for subscribing, Titans / Young Justice / Doom Patrol are all amazing, and any movies beyond that are just icing.

2 Likes

What I said was being promised something and not having it delivered makes the service seem second rate. A change to what was originally promised should be clearly communicated to subscribers. I have been extremely complimentary regarding DC Universe in many other posts, but I am only a subscriber for the original programming, which has been excellent. I have no interest in digital comics or most everything else that is offered, so I think they can do better DC Universe subscribers.

3 Likes

And again, we were notified about the change beforehand. They did the right thing in letting us know.

I’d like to see it too. It’s at redbox now, isn’t it? Yeah, but there’s so much on the app! I’d like to see the DCEU stuff on here too but I understand they don’t want to render DVD sales etc completely obsolete. Warner brothers are very smart having their characters on so many platforms and in multiple formats- HBO, Netflix, CW, DVD and blurry, in theaters etc it’s wild. With Joker nearly making the same payday as avengers infinity war - wow. DC is everywhere

1 Like

I don’t know how those of you who were aware of these changes were told by DC, but I searched the site and the web for info and found nothing. A major change like that should be posted somewhere obvious until it is clear to all. Pat yourself on the back if you knew, but I’m not on the service everyday, rarely contribute to the Community and stay primarily in the movie/tv section. Not clear communication of a major change if I have to go looking for it.

3 Likes

It was part of the NYCC announcements, announced under Watchtower where they post important announcments, and there were several posts about It after the news broke.

I’m just being informational.While I’m totally okay with 90 days, I fully support your right to not be.

1 Like

I was promised Santa Claus was real as a child. Life has a way of tempering your expectations.

2 Likes

In regards to information about the service, the Watchtower forums are the best place because the moderators always inform us of things like this. It’s a useful tool.

2 Likes

This post was never meant to be a condemnation of the DC Universe. I was simply expressing my personal dissatisfaction with the change to the original terms of service. Other than the original series, it was the only benefit that I really used. I originally hoped a moderator would jump in and explain all, but it seems the members of the DC Universe community were all I needed. Thanks to all who responded. I appreciate the information and the feedback. My overall opinion of the service is actually highly favorable and I am looking forward to watching the DC Universe evolve into something special. It’s off to an excellent start.

2 Likes