[World of Bats} Batman Book Club-One Year Anniversary: Detective Comics #1000 - 8/1 to 8/10

Howdy y’all and welcome to the World of Bats one year celebration. We’re gonna cover Detective Comics #1000, but lets have a bit of a free for all. Share your favorite:
Batman story we’ve covered this last year, ones you’d like us to covered in the year to come.
Previous Issues from WoBs can be found on our Club page Here!
Batman: His Dark Designs-what did y’all think?
Art: Covers/Panels/ Fan pics.
Batman Collection: Comics/art/Figs/& everything in between!

This adventure all started one night after recording an eps. for The Fans of DC Universes podcast, created by @Nathan.Payson . @Don-El a fellow co-creator of our little Superman Fan Club and I were discussing what we had been reading on the DCU app. I had mentioned that I had recently finished reading Legends of the Dark Knight: Shaman and that I was thinking about starting a Batman book club. The following day I posted the first WoB’s thread and soon as I did I saw that two other fellow community members had been discussing the idea of starting a Batman book club. Not wanting to step on anyone’s toes and knowing three heads were better than one, we all decided to team up and have a monthly rotation. And so began this unique club hosted by @Jay_Kay, @BatJamags, & myself. Soon followed @nu52’s World of Wonder, and the DCU book club Trinity was complete.

This last year has been such fun and thanks to all that have joined in. This will be my last time hosting a WoBs event. I feel I’ve had a good run and it’s time for me to step down.
To @AlexanderKnox, @ralphsix, @BatJamags, & @Jay_Kay, without y’all this experience and WoBs would not have been they same, thank you so much.

4 Likes

Congratulations on one year of [World of Bats]!

4 Likes

Thanks man!

One Year Anniversary! I think you know what that means…

3 Likes

Oh dude I loved that! :rofl: :dancer: They did a good job with the rouges gallery as well.

2 Likes

Awesome Happy Anniversary​:tada:

2 Likes

Okay, I suppose I’ll be going through this one story-by-story…

1. Batman’s Longest Case by Scott Snyder
    More like Batman’s Wildest Goose Chase, but the ending is amusing.

2. Manufacture for Use by Kevin Smith
    It’s perhaps a little too on-the-nose. I prefer the gun’s fate in Year Two.

3. The Legend of Knute Brody by Paul Dini
    So many twist endings in this collection. At least the Bat Fam takes turns!

4. The Batman’s Design by Warren Ellis
    Non-lethal, huh? I’m reminded of a certain Pete Holmes sketch

5. Return to Crime Alley by Denny O’Neil
    You tell him! (But pre-Crisis Leslie didn’t know Bruce was Batman!)

I’ll look back at the rest later.

1 Like

That is kind of funny. Like, it’s not like Bruce is some nobody, pretty much all of them have worked with him in the past. Surely they don’t need to create this elaborate scheme to induct him into the club. And think of how many other crimes Bruce could have been solving during this time!

Though I suppose the point was that if they just snuck an invite into Bruce’s inbox, it wouldn’t have been as satisfying; that Bruce, like the others, live for the thrill of chase in solving a mystery.

But hey, you can never go wrong with Greg Capullo drawing Batman.

Yeah, some of the puns/double meanings are…pretty bad.

2 Likes