World of Wonder | Week 43 | Justice League #1-6 | May 20-26

World of Wonder Week 43!

:sparkles: Release the League :sparkles:

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

World of Wonder celebrates the announcement of Zack Snyder’s Justice League making its way to HBO Max in 2021 by reading Justice League (2011-).

Join the conversation and with the new DC Universe Rewards, it could even net you some points for reading and discussing!

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

When: 2020-05-20T07:00:00Z2020-05-26T07:00:00Z

What to read: JUSTICE LEAGUE (2011-) #1-6

:rotating_light: SPOILER Discussion Begins Now

:star2:DISCUSSION QUESTIONS

1. How do you feel about this Justice League roster?

2. Is this initial arc a good introduction to the League, in your opinion?

3. Which moments did you most enjoy?

:nerd_face: Share your thoughts on the reading overall and let’s discuss :nerd_face:

Questions or concerns? Reach out @Nu52 :inbox_tray:

Click HERE to get a cool flair and join the club

Watch and track #world-of-wonder to keep up to date with all club events

4 Likes

Are you excited about the new announcement?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

5 Likes

Nice! Looking forward to revisiting this story. :blush:

1 Like

Same here! It’s been years since I last read it.

1 Like

A quick read having read it a couple of times before, but this time I was definitely more focused on Wondy and her role in the story. She’s fun playing the displaced warrior/fish out of water role. Her hair looks awesome, but she actually isn’t given a lot to do compared to any of the other members. This is in part because we intro Bruce, Hal, Clark and Barry first over a couple of issues, then she’s essentially sharing page space with them plus Arthur and Vic. As the flagship title of the New 52, all of the characters seem to have the slightly rougher personality of that era which makes them seem a little off, but still enjoyable. And, come on she looks kick butt here.

1 Like

I believe this arc is the basis for Justice League: War. Which would explain Jason O’Mara voice for Batman. Definitely a decent roster for the League. I liked this Aquaman “Who’s in charge? Because i nominate me”.

I liked the mention of disappearances and the word Shazam. And that it is Flash with the Super Seven name.

1 Like

Justice League 1-6:
Haven’t read this in a while, but was glad to revisit. The roster is pretty standard. I’ve always felt JL was woefully lacking in female members, and that hasn’t changed. Maybe the logic is that Diana is woman enough to carry the torch for all the women…I guess??

A good intro to the League, yes. Although I do wish Diana had a bit more to do, the moments she did have I enjoyed. The feisty new-to-mans-world angle still charms me and makes me laugh. Diana is a true blue lionhearted champion, and this captures that, so I can’t complain.

Loved the scenes she’s fighting Darkseid. (Especially the one @msgtv posted) Any time she’s sassy, fiery or peculiar, I’ll basically always love, and she had enough one-liners & action to keep me happy.
“You’re strong.”…”I know.” :wink: “(never fear citizens lol) Harpies are NO bother once their heads are severed.” or “It’s settled— WE BLIND HIM! and :icecream:”This cook is truly blessed!”

2 Likes

Another Aquaman moment, right before being called the Super Seven: “This is Atlantean scale mail. you think i’d pick orange?”

I realize the focus should be on Wonder Woman. It is this Wonder Woman, at least the movie version thereof, that most spoke to me. Kind of impulsive, brandishing a sword, it felt very Amazonian. The movie also laid down some SuperWonder foundation(s) with Wonder Woman comparing the rest of the heroes to the Olympians, “but I’ve never met anyone like you.” I was more intrigued with the comparison than the ship potential (i’m a passive shipper).

So i said all that to say that similarly, I am liking this take on Aquaman so far.

2 Likes