You’re Lex Luthor. Defeat the Justice League.

Let’s imagine that, tomorrow, you woke up as Lex Luthor. You remember your old life, but you’re here with a mission: armed with your knowledge of DC and Lex’s resources, you have one month to defeat the Justice League.

(For argument’s sake, let’s say the roster is the classic 7: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Hal Jordan, Barry Allen, and Martian Manhunter.)

How do you do it?

4 Likes

Take 'em down from the inside or from an ally.

For example, somehow convince Raven that the JL is evil and that she should open a portal and send them to another dimension.

3 Likes

If I was Lex and wanted to take down the JL, I would just read JLA: Tower of Babel :wink:

4 Likes

Recreate Doomsday, but with much more enhanced abilities.

1 Like

nice question!

Do we know their secret identities through endless research/resources and never ending connections perhaps??

1 Like

@deku_, we would have knowledge of our old lives. So we would have the fast knowledge of DC in our minds. Which gives us the identities of several heroes.

2 Likes

Since Lex was part of the league in modern continuity, he probably knows Batman has plans for how everyone can be taken down.

He hacks into the Batcave’s data repository, finds the pertinent information, interlaces his fingers, smiles that smug jerk smile of his and says “It begins.”

Redd_X’s Tower of Babel mention is worthwhile too. He could just call Ra’s and say “Do you still have that information? I’ll make it worth your while.”

2 Likes

You use your increased brain power to work out how you became Lex Luthor. Gaining that information, you infect each member of the Justice League, just as you have been infected-- except for Batman-- and set them to destroy each other, only on a much faster, more aggressive time limit, but still long enough to be sure of getting the job done. Batman’s purpose is one or two fold-- first, to find and destroy the original Lex Luthor, as he is now the true primary enemy, and second, if necessary, to find and destroy whoever caused you to be Luthor in the first place-- unless it was the oringinal Lex Luthor-- as they are now the true secondary threat. Finally, you find a way to remain Lex Luthor forever, as power is addicting to the average mortal.

3 Likes

Well, the most powerful weapon available to deal with the League is the League. Someone mentioned Tower of Babel; that shows you that some other guy just imitating Batman gave them a rough time.

So, here’s what I’d do. First, I would, in disguise or through a proxy, make friends with Aquaman. Then, I’d convince him that the League needs to be more down-to-Earth. Get him to pitch the idea of a team operating out of a less well-equipped headquarters. A warehouse, for instance. And it couldn’t be anywhere too far from the action; let’s say Detroit. The roster would have to be a bit younger (and consequently less experienced) too. Maybe Arthur would be interested in working with people like Vibe or Gypsy.

Then teleport the whole place to the middle of the sun and forget about it.

Alright, alright, serious answer: Actually, I might still start the same way. Start with subterfuge. Get to know certain members of the League. Meanwhile, start running a smear campaign that paints the League as tyrants. Convince as many League members as I can that the JLA is a bad idea. That they should disband. Ideally, they’d shut down on their own, but they probably wouldn’t be that easily deterred. As a backup, I’d start trying to convince the government to try to shut them down. Frankly, the more I think about it, the more I realize I’d probably try to take after Norman Osborn in Civil War. Maybe a little more proactive and without doing anything explicitly illegal, but definitely along those lines. The best plans are the ones where you don’t have to lift a finger.

2 Likes

lmaoo @ the teleporting to the sun. Creative tho, I would rather do it along the lines of your way where I’m more in the background not actually doing the grunt work.

I’ll just whip up a powers nullifying gun like I did in “A Better World.” But this time I’ll use it.

2 Likes

I’d tell them they’re all fictional characters, and that everything is meaningless. Possibly causing them to go insane.

3 Likes

If I had my knowledge, mixed with Lex Luther’s IQ and resources, I would setup a trap in Earth orbit, and then lure in the Justice League. When they fall into the trap, the JLA are sucked into a micro black hole, which is then promptly ejected from the solar system after the trap has been sprung.

Game over.

MACJR

2 Likes

It is simple. Kill Lois Lane and superman does the work for you

1 Like

I take out Supes first, in secret, with my obligatory stash of hidden krptonite :grin:. Then I pay for the funeral, inviting all of the JL to attend. I rig all the doors and windows to close, release a nerve toxin in the ventilation that renders them to sleep. Blow the whole thing up…

1 Like

@sirreal that’s actually the best one I’ve read so far. creative. The only thing would be how fast the gas releases cuz I could Batman noticing pretty quickly and acting accordingly. Especially with the flash there you’d have to make sure they’re heavily distracted (not just from superman’s death)

2 Likes

@deku_ yeah there may be a flaw or 2 in my plan. Perhaps I’d need to distract them with a handful of expendable minions while the toxin gas is doing its thing…

HCB–
As an editor, what are your thoughts on all these pitches you’ve gotten over the transom?

1 Like

Basically the plot of BvS:

Make Batman suspect they’ve become dangerous.

@Misfit

Well, so far my favorite pitch is from BatJamags.

1 Like