Young Animal Doom Patrol #1

What do people think about this book? I went into it expecting something weird of course, but I felt like it was just a bunch of rubbish. Like someone without the creativity or talent trying to reproduce Grant Morrison’s style and failing badly.

Do people like it? Am I missing something? I’m guessing it fell flat since the whole Young Animal imprint died off pretty quick.

1 Like

I too also read it/reading it and it is okay, i do like the art, but I enjoy the book because I never read Doom Patrol.

I too also read it/reading it and it is okay, i do like the art, but I enjoy the book because I never read Doom Patrol.

My favorite run of Doom Patrol. Stick it out and takes a second read through to get it all the way.

Young Animal was always supposed to be a limited print. It didn’t so much fade out as finish.

Yeah, DP is still an ongoing series. Its the shame everything else was a limited run. Young Animal mainly appealed to young queer kids and other outsiders who really couldn’t get with the regular DC stuff, or just maybe didn’t see enough of themselves in those “bigger deal” stories. Hopefully, something similar comes back around. Cave Carson ruled.

1 Like

I liked it. Way is indeed Morrison-lite but man that art! Derington is extremely talented.