Just a list of quick reactions from the episodes as I watch … everyone is welcome to join in
- Batman’s team is badass, Metamorpho brings a bit of light heartedness to it that is nice to see … looks like Babs is on multiple teams much like her pre-New 52 (Hey, DC are we all agreed that New 52 was a bad idea yet?) self.
- So Savage Daughter and Tara were roommates … I wonder if that will play into anything later.
- Actor who sounds like Teen Titans’ Cyborg hanging out with YJ Cyborg was great, and if we hadn’t already heard YJ Cyborg over the phone, it would have been a nice switcharoo.
- Harper Row? Seriously, I am all down for bringing Blue Jay into YJ.
- It was nice seeing Megan with her hair again.
- Damn, poor Gar.
- Good to see Wally again … even as a ghost.
- Can we get a Doom Patrol Go show now?
- Reveal that Gar’s powers weren’t based on Ms. Martian’s blood transfusion was interesting.
- You know, I think this has been the only time I’ve considered GeoForce to be anything even close to cool.
- Hmmm … I suddenly don’t trust Dr. Jayce anymore.
- Was wondering if Superbrawl would ever make it into this show
- Poor Wolf.
- The Fatherbox control thing is already getting old.
- To trust or not to trust Tara
- The friendly banter between SB and Jr. was great, the episode highlight to me.
- Not to Trust.
This season, even if it is not done yet has cemented in my mind that this is the best example of a distilled DC Continuity. Yes, characters are repurposed, changed, etc from their comic forms but almost always in a way that serves to grow and expand the universe of YJ and not to just be shout-outs to longtime fans of DC Comics. In a lot of ways, YJ has gone beyond what groundwork and foundations that Dini-Verse started back in 1992.